Kennedy Jenks is an employee-owned firm providing engineering and scientific solutions for innovative water and environmental projects since 1919. We deliver exceptional service and highly qualified professional staff to solve the unique challenges of public agencies and private industry clients across the United States.
The Operations Manager is responsible for successfully driving business goals in the Bay Area through leadership and collaboration. This position combines external/client focus with business and operations management. This position can be based in any of our Bay Area locations, including San Francisco, Walnut Creek, Santa Clara, and Santa Rosa.
What you’ll do:
- Achieve the goals of client satisfaction and technical excellence in the delivery of our services by effectively leading client and project teams.
- Collaboratively communicate with key clients as well as with internal leadership.
- Work with a team in developing and implementing a business development strategy.
- Lead and manage the Bay Area staff, directly and through a team of supervisors.
- Support the professional development of team members.
- Balance workload with available staff.
- Support company growth through recruiting and hiring.
- Provide oversight and management of projects.
- Manage operational initiatives and issues.
- Other responsibilities may include financial management, risk assessment and management, quality control of deliverables, and support of the health and safety program.
What you’ll need:
- At least twenty years of relevant experience
- Degree in civil, environmental or a related engineering discipline is strongly preferred
- Professional Engineer in California license is preferred
- Knowledge of the Bay Area municipal water/wastewater marketplace
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
As an employee-owned firm, Kennedy Jenks offers a unique company culture with a corporate commitment to a maintaining a positive work/life experience. Kennedy Jenks provides a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Kennedy Jenks is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.