Opticos is a team of urban designers, architects, and strategists who help find new solutions to the most challenging housing and community issues of our time: How do we build walkable communities that support social, mental and physical health while improving resiliency and promoting equity? How do we foster informed community conversation about local development and provide choice, attainability and affordability in the housing market? Opticos was founded in 2000 on the belief that walkable places are critical for healthy, resilient and equitable communities. Through that expertise, we introduced the concept of Missing Middle Housing, a transformative idea that highlights the need for diverse, affordable housing options in walkable urban places. In addition, we are leaders in the development of Form-Based Coding, zoning reform needed to make those walkable places a reality. Through our work, we are changing cities, communities and lives.
Opticos Design is looking to hire an Operations Manager to run the day to day aspects of our downtown Berkeley office. This role will be a key member of the Operations team and will include facilities management, office scheduling and organization, communication, finance/admin support and more. We’re looking for someone with a passion for supporting a values-based company and culture, highly skilled in developing and implementing effective systems, and experience and enthusiasm in making it happen. The ideal candidate will be a dedicated team player and a great communicator who loves to engage with everyone and do what it takes to keep the business running smoothly.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the office to ensure it is functioning at its highest level.
- Effectively manage relationships with vendors, professional services providers and building management.
- Analyze and improve organizational processes, and work to improve quality, productivity and efficiency.
- Maintain collaboration tools for workflow and company calendar.
- Answer, screen and direct incoming calls.
- Develop/maintain office budget, process expense receipts, checks, and general data entry.
- Work with Studio Manager to maintain a reliable IT infrastructure. Schedule IT support to execute hardware/software updates and address issues impeding productivity.
- Support Human Resource processes, such as scheduling interviews, posting open positions on job boards, coordinating trainings, and gathering timesheets for payroll.
- Help to prepare and distribute correspondence.
- Create and contribute to a lively professional office environment by being the first point of contact for all clients, planning parties and events, maintaining office perks and bringing your own flare and innovation to contribute to the overall vibe.
- Two-year degree and a minimum of five years of experience in office management.
- Experience with Bookkeeping.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Google Docs.
- Magic multi-tasker with superior customer service skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to be nimble and responsive. Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills; and professional yet approachable in corresponding internally and externally.
- Ability to work with and respond to multiple people's needs and prioritize effectively.
- Stellar work ethic and a demonstrated penchant for ownership and getting the job done.
- High EQ. Great attitude and sense of humor. Flexibility is key.
Benefits and Perks
Environmentally and socially conscious organization, Convenient location in downtown Berkeley Full benefits and paid holidays.
Interested? We’d like to learn more about YOU! Send your resume to email@example.com
Opticos was founded in 2000 on the belief that walkable places are critical for healthy, resilient and equitable communities. Through that expertise, we introduced the concept of Missing Middle Housing, a transformative idea that highlights the need for diverse, affordable housing options in walkable urban places. In addition, we are leaders in the development of Form-Based Coding, zoning reform needed to make those walkable places a reality. Through our work, we are changing cities, communities and lives.