Key leadership role reporting to the Branch GM. Supports the revenue & profitability Initiatives through Best in Class Customer Service by leading the Operations staff with logistics improvements, operations efficiencies, safety compliance, and cost control.
The Operations Manager should maximize Customer Service and Operating Efficiency through consistent best practices, daily metrics to benchmark results and effectively manage resources and expenses and should recognize areas for continuous improvement in order to best serve our customers.
Has direct management responsibility for physical facilities, equipment, inventory, and other miscellaneous assets.
About BlueLinx Holdings Inc.BlueLinx (NYSE: BXC) is a leading wholesale distributor of building and industrial products in the United States with over 50,000 branded and private-label SKUs, and a broad distribution footprint servicing 40 states. BlueLinx has a differentiated distribution platform, value-driven business model and extensive cache of products across the building products industry. Headquartered in Marietta, Georgia, BlueLinx has over 2,000 associates and distributes its comprehensive range of structural and specialty products to approximately 15,000 national, regional, and local dealers, as well as specialty distributors, national home centers, industrial, and manufactured housing customers.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Colloaborate with and foster a good working relationship with Sales and Administrative functions
- Safety - Ensures a safe workplace for associates and visitors.
- Compliance - Ensures compliance in all federal, state, and locals laws pertaining to employment, safety, and DOT regulations.
- Manages a distribution center by providing excellent customer service support and using supply chain fundamentals (right product, right place, right time, every time) while controlling logistics, workforce management, indirect and operating costs.
- Customer Service - Fills orders accurately, safely, on time and without damage.
- Efficiency - Manages material handling and delivery operations using productivity metrics.
- Expense – Manages labor expense. Performs cycle counts and physical inventory according to accounting guidelines.
- Talent - Leads teams of materials handlers and drivers; selects/hires; develops objectives; coaches and evaluates performance. Ensures direct reports obtain applicable safety, compliance, and job training and development opportunities to enhance performance, development, and contributions to the company. Holds direct reports accountable for individual and team performance. Addresses performance issues appropriately and timely. May need to manage under the terms of a CBA.
Supervisory experience in a distribution/manufacturing operation.
Ability to teach and lead an engaged team in a structured process environment.
Process improvement and operating efficiency competency.
Branch operations and systems knowledge.
Proficiency using DMSI Agility, Microsoft Office Suite Software and relevant tools / technology.
BS / BA Degree in related field preferred.
5+ years of experience preferred.