Are you looking to make a career move from the Restaurant or Retail industry? We're actively seeking Managers to join our field operations team as Operations Managers in Calgary, AB.
Through our National Diabetes Trust operations, we divert more than 48 million kilograms of clothing and household items from landfills. One hundred per cent of net proceeds directly supports Diabetes Canada and helps send more than 2,400 children and youth with Type 1 diabetes to Diabetes Canada's D-Camps. Additionally, what we raise funds world-leading diabetes research, education and advocacy.
As an employee on the National Diabetes Trust team, you are part of our national coverage in 2,500 communities, with 28 operations and 100 trucks. Join a team that is making a difference raising money for life altering charitable programs, all while helping the environment.
Reporting to the Area Manager the Operations Manager supports the door-to-door pickup and drop-box collection programs through the generation of revenue. The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring that weekly/monthly/yearly quotas are maintained and met. Maintains strong fiscal accountability and excellent net revenues in the context of sound human resource management practices. Directs planning of the door-to-door pick-up and drop-box collection Program in the designated area ensuring that revenues and gross profits are maximized and expenses are monitored and well managed.
About the Operations Manager Role
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and its regulations including understanding and adhering to the requirements of the Health and Safety Manual, and any other rules and regulations established by Diabetes Canada
- Works with the Area Manager and Program staff to develop a plan locally to achieve local goals.
- In consultation with the Area Manger, the Operations Manager prepares and follows a yearly budget for the Business Operation. Monitors all revenues and expenses of the Business Operation to ensure maximum profit levels are maintained by way of a cost analysis. Prepares latest estimates as needed.
- Manages, coaches, directs and motivates local Business Operation staff to achieve quotas to ensure that budgeted revenues are achieved and to promote a sense of teamwork and cooperation amongst all employees.
- The Operations Manager Works with the Area Manager to review and recommend opportunities in the Business Operation for cost savings and increased efficiencies through economics of scale, elimination of duplication, use of technology and group purchasing.
- Develop, update and maintain the door-to-door pick-up Program database, solicitation strategy and effective use of technology to support and maximize both profitability and good donor relations.
- In conjunction with the Area Manager develop area-marketing strategies for the door-to-door pick-up and drop-box collection Program. Ensures the promotion of the Program through the media, targeted marketing initiative, special events, etc.
- Ensure the completion of cartage logs on a daily, weekly and monthly basis; maintenance of weekly driver and TR productivity reports, producing weekly and year to date statistics and other administrative duties.
The selected candidate for this Operations Manager role will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience in a multi-disciplinary environment with a scheduling component.
- Excellent organizational skills, motivation and ability to delegate.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of computer systems, particularly Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of financial management and planning.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and telephone.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be available to work weekends; schedule varies 7am-7pm.
How to Apply
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit or study permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
- We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements please advise us during the recruitment process.
- We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.