Oversee day to day operations and performance of the manufacturing teams to align with the company’s strategic plan. Create and execute strategic plans, that progress towards “World Class” performance. Become familiar with all established policies and assure they are being followed. Coach and mentor direct reports to develop skills and keep employees engaged. Assist with Safety, Health and Environmental Programs. Provide feedback, follow-up and tactical reporting to improve throughput.
- Manage Manufacturing
- Oversees daily operation and performance of the manufacturing teams including molding, finishing, and warehouse personnel.
- Assures appropriate allocation of resources to meet customer requirements.
- Manages operational cost and identifies opportunities to reduce cost of product and operating expenses.
- Coordinates with other functional departments to assure product quality, new product introductions and manufacturing performance to meet customer demands.
- Manage performance and results in OTD, Quality, Productivity and Efficiency
- Leads the production team in meeting department objectives
- Proliferates Company Mission, Vision, Core Competencies and Organization Culture
- Implement new technologies such as Automation and Cellular manufacturing to improve the performance and efficiencies of the Plant
- Champion Continuous Improvement
- Create and execute strategic plans, which progress towards “World Class” performance. Educate and align employees to the principles, practices and philosophies of continuous improvement
- Guide, coach and train team members on Lean Philosophies and Implementation
- Facilitate Kaizen events and train/coach/mentor other team members as needed
- Support the Quality Assurance department by providing quality requirements on system documentation, recommending receiving, in-process and final product test and inspection methods and criteria, and conducting failure investigations and reviews of internal and supplier corrective actions.
- Drive process, tooling and materials utilization towards improvements in cycle-time, quality and throughput
- Participate in Strategic Planning
- Work with Senior Leadership in the translation of company strategy into necessary communication imperatives and actionable items
- Manage Employee Development
- Developer of Talent in the organization, including growth in skills, responsibilities and job satisfaction
- Conduct annual appraisals for direct reporting personnel. Review and approve appraisals for others in the reporting structure
- Develop annual labor plans to accomplish budgeted activities and identify needs for hiring and training of employees as needed
- Assist with Safety, Health, and Environmental Programs
- Create an environment where safety is the top priority
- Make process/equipment improvements to increase productivity and reduce health and safety hazards. Work to eliminate on the job hazards.
- Complete documentation for all Environmental and Safety reporting
- Assist with root cause analysis and resolution to injuries, first aid, and safety concerns
- Handle additional duties as assigned
- Be willing and able to take on additional work assignments and responsibilities as needed.
- Minimum Education: BA or BS
- Technical or Business Degree preferred
Skills & Relevant Work Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience with a demonstrated track record of successfully leading change initiatives and ability to work well with all levels of employees, from hourly associates to senior level management.
- Experience with Compression and/or Injection Molding
- Project management and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated employee management skills
- Drive for continuous improvement with extensive knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Demonstration of a commitment to continuous education and use of management techniques
- MAPICS or other MRP experience is highly preferred