Operations Manager - Chicago, IL (Westmont)
- Job Category
- Sales & Customer Support
- Westmont, Illinois
- Req. ID
- Job Type
The Operations Manager is responsible for delivering an exceptional experience to our customers, developing team members, and managing day-to-day vehicle delivery operations. Our managers must deliver excellent results and achieve goals quarter after quarter, month after month, on all aspects of customers, people, operations, and financials. The ideal candidate has the technical acumen to be able to communicate effectively with internal teams, excellent time management abilities and is passionate about leading change while inspiring teams. This role directly supports Tesla’s mission by ensuring an exceptional and memorable buying experience for our customers.
To succeed at Tesla, you must be energetic, highly organized, and hard working. You should have a passion for sustainable energy and the ability to create exceptional customer experiences. While individual contributions will be recognized, teamwork is essential to achieve the highest level of success. We will reward team players who help others succeed and empower the team around them.
• Lead delivery vehicle preparation team consisting of Vehicle Specialists and Documentation .
• Actively set individual and team targets for Vehicle Assistants, Detailers, and Vehicle Coordinators and actively
train, coach, and develop them.
• Assist in the planning, implementation, and follow up of vehicle prep operational tasks and projects including,
but not limited to vehicle movement coordination in vehicle lots and delivery bays, delivery schedule
monitoring, vehicle repairs, detailer performance, lot organization and maintenance, and coordinator support.
• Help control expenses, including staffing, supplies, and services.
• Work collaboratively with other departments, particularly Customer Experience Manager and Service
Department to enhance customer experience.
• Represent Tesla in a professional and responsible manner when communicating with others both inside and
outside the company.
• Monitor daily deliveries, create reporting metrics, and actively review information with your Manager.
• Maintain constant focus on improving the Tesla delivery experience.
• Demonstrate fluency in the local market’s DMV requirements and processes.
• Perform additional responsibilities as assigned when business needs arise.
• Meet and Exceed KPI, partner to achieve sales and delivery targets along with P&L requirements for location
• Proficient in Sales Operations; strong collaboration with store leadership ability to lead sales floor during
Manager on Duty Shifts
• Responsible for ensuring all employees provide best in class experience in every interaction
• Determine resources needed to ensure vehicle preparation for customer appointments are staffed
• Proactively mediate and resolve any customer concerns regarding vehicle preparation and quality.
• Manage escalations quickly and effectively
• Empower and guide employees through challenging concerns, to make decisions in the customers’ best interest
while also supporting Tesla’s mission
• Recruit, train, and develop management team and employees ensuring all positions are filled in a timely manner
• Support, implement and provide follow-up for all training
• Continually evaluate the performance of each employee and provide constant feedback to drive results
• Identify high potential talent and effectively succession plan for needs of the business
• Ensure all employees adhere to Tesla policies and procedures
• Resolve all people and safety issues in a timely and effective manner, collaborating with Human Resources and
appropriate teams effectively
• Ensure facility maintenance and showroom presentation adhere to the brand standard
• Control store expenses continually striving to reduce costs
• Ensure all employees align with Tesla’s Dress Code and Grooming Guidelines
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
• 2+ years of applicable experience with proven track record of meeting or exceeding goals in a service-focused
industry; automotive expertise is not required
• Strong and proven experience leading field, technical repair or manufacturing teams in a fast-paced, technology driven
environment with strong customer facing responsibilities
• Ability to problem solve, prioritize multiple projects and adhere to business-critical deadlines
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Dedicated and ethical approach to Tesla standards
• Ability to develop collaborative relationships acting as a well-respected, trusted partner with whom others want
• Ability to work evening hours, weekends and holidays in a retail environment
• Valid driver’s license in the country in which you are applying, 2-year minimum driving record required with a
clean driving history
• Ability to obtain appropriate state licensing, where applicable