Established in 1918, Guardian Service Industries is a family-owned Janitorial, Security and Engineering & Operations staffing corporation. We have over 1,000 clients and maintain over 75 million square feet throughout the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic, which include commercial buildings, government buildings, residential communities, schools, transportation hubs, retail outlets, and much more. We specialize in providing subject matter expertise, management and staffing in all areas of facility maintenance, specifically Janitorial Services, Security Services, Engineering & Operations, Pest Control, Lighting and Electric, Window Cleaning, Concierge/Front Desk Ambassador, and Marble, Metal and Wood Restoration.
Guardian Service Industries, Your Facility Solution Provider.
The Operations Manager is responsible for leading and managing the site teams in the janitorial and concierge divisions. They set the example for high level of service for functions and reports directly to the regional director and account executive. The operations manager is responsible for total customer satisfaction, budget management, over time management, training ,hiring for site openings and on-boarding new employees, uniforms, weekly and monthly reporting, and employee management initiatives working in cooperation with the Leadership Team members. The ideal candidate will need to have the flexibility to work both day and evening schedule in accordance with site inspections and training.
- Manage the Site Teams, prepare staff schedules, hold accountable site cleaners and concierge staff for achieving excellence in all service areas Guardian Service Industries oversees at each site.
- Provide on-the-spot training to insure that the highest level of service is consistently delivered.
- Ensure regular site inspections of buildings and grounds. Conduct site staff inspections to insure that the proper uniform is worn neatly and cleanly.
- Use Guardian GO and our Inspection Application to record visit results and save in in proper filing system in order to be reviewed by the Regional Director and Account Executive.
- Communicate on a daily basis via email, phone call or text with the regional director and account executive, client and associates pertaining to daily work flow.
- Conduct weekly walk-throughs to do detailed site inspections to insure that a high standard of service standards are being met and exceeded for all service areas that Guardian Service Industries oversees at each site.
- Use Guardian GO work template to document photos and information collected during each walkthrough.
- Work in cooperation with building SOP to implement Safety Compliance and Safety Training at each site.
- Develop relationship and communicate proactively with the property management team and/or facility directors. Receive their feedback and work with Director to implement action plan to ensure their requests are being met.
- Manage costs of overtime, supplies and inventory to produce the best financial outcome impacting Gross Margin.
- Have the capability to on board new accounts by hiring new staff, train and scheduling proper work flow.
- Recognize and reward positive behaviors of site staff. Counsel and coach on behaviors that need to change.
- Know what a high standard of service looks like in the delivery of concierge and janitorial services.
- Role model professional behavior and set expectations for all site leads for executing the same behaviors.
- Live and breathe the company’s Mission and Vision of Employee’s First when making decisions.
- Awareness of variability in human behavior and attuned to recognizing and managing.
- Familiarity with site specific manuals.
- Training methodology when it comes to janitorial and concierge services
- Familiarity with emergency procedures and protocols.
- Awareness of “Chain of Command” process and support.
- Integrity- in keeping with the core values of Guardian Service Industries.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Act in accordance with and be an advocate for Guardian Service Industries.
- Participate and undertake applicable professional, technical and career development training (delivered internally and externally) to include attainment of associated qualifications where required.
- Operate as an effective team member by supporting colleagues and contributing in the delivery and achievement of overall team and business objectives.
- Undertake any other duties of a similar nature that the company reasonably requests to be performed that are within the expertise and skills of the employee.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to prioritize work load, extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Intuitive thinking, multitasking, and problem solving skills.
- Professionalism and flexibility to assist and accommodate accordingly.
- Enthusiasm and positive, can-do attitude. High sense of business urgency.
- Interpersonal skills, along with the ability to work cross boundaries with other departments.
- Ability to work independently.
- Organization is a must.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Liaise with relevant and associated areas and groups within the business process to establish, support and maintain business relationships and organizational effectiveness.
Compensation and Benefits:
- This position is looking to be filled immediately.
- The annual salary for this role is $60,000 per annum, paid weekly in arrears.
- Company vehicle is provided.
- Other equipment provided: laptop and phone.
- Benefits available after 90 days of full-time employment : medical, dental, vision, voluntary life. (employer and employee contributed)
- 401K with company match.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Guardian Service Industries is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, citizenship, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Guardian Service Industries is committed to integrity, excellence, and diversity among its employees.