- Reviews data on incoming flights such as scheduled or estimated times of arrival or departure, destinations and downline station stops, in order to plan work activities
- Directs and coordinates all operations functions and ensures workers and equipment are available for fueling and defueling services
- Manages employees in the Fueling Department
- Analyzes reports and records of operations and inspects facilities to determine effectiveness of existing methods and procedures and physical condition of facilities and equipment
- Prepares and submits recommendations designed to improve efficiency of fueling services
- Investigates causes of accidents and recommends safety measures for preventing further occurrences
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, resolving problems, and ensuring employees successfully complete company's training program
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior Aircraft Fueling experience required
- Prior management, supervisory or lead experience in the Aviation industry preferred
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Possess and maintain a valid US driver's license with a clean driving record
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and all pre-employment testing
- Ability to proficiently read, write and speak English
- Must be comfortable lifting 70lbs repetitively
- Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays
- Pass FBI background and obtain US Customs Seal
- To report any significant deficiency in our products, materials and documents
- Has the duty to suggest any improvements to working practices especially those relating to safety and security
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships
- Opportunities for Leadership Training Programs
- Health, Dental, Vision, 401K
- Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Training
- Uniform Provided
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly work in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, high voltages and high hydraulic/pneumatic pressures. The employee is also frequently exposed to very loud noise levels, fumes or airborne particles and hazardous substances, materials or waste. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places.
Under the daily supervision of the Maintenance Manager with assistance as needed from the Station Manager. Performs periodic maintenance and inspections on filters, pumps, valves, tanks, pressure controls, metering and gauging equipment, company vehicles. Troubleshoot and repair above mentioned equipment as well as pipeline issues, electrical equipment, motors, switch gear, and lighting. Ensures that all work assigned is performed in a timely fashion with quality workmanship. Ensure through definitive methods that product meets or exceeds quality standards set forth; ensure all work is completed in a timely manner, contributing to an efficient operation, while projecting a professional image for MENZIES AVIATION.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with arms, climb or balance; and talk or hear.
The individual must also be able to open and close large valve on 16" product delivery pipelines quickly. Opening and closing these valves involves twisting and pulling motion and sometimes considerable physical exertion.
Other tasks include digging and shoveling, such as snow removal around equipment and office. Employee may also engage in debris removal which involves lifting, bending and stooping. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 70lbs.