Summary: Direct and coordinate activities of 1.5M ton grinding station to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Includes consultation as it relates to overall implementation of VCPS (Routine Management, Quality, Standardization, Maintenance, Best Practices, TPM and Health, Safety and Environmental System) in the Plant; assess progress against standards established by the Company; train and evaluate key team members in transforming plant results toward best world practices by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the human, physical and financial resources of the plant to ensure targets for productivity, production, costs, quality and inventory are met or exceeded.
- Responsible for implementation of Votorantim Cimentos (VC) Systems (Routine Management, Quality, Standardization, Maintenance, Best Practices, TPM and Health, Safety and Environmental System) in all departments of the Plant (Quality Control, Production Lab, HR support, Production, Maintenance (Electrical and Mechanical).
- Seek opportunities for continuous improvement at the plant. Utilizes the Management tools available and maintains compliance with our quality, environmental and safety programs. t (VCPS audit, ISO 14,001, ISO 9,001 OHSAS 18,001 and internal audits).
- Train key team members on the systems to promote utilization of content and programs by working with contractors or third parties including developing and maintaining manufacturing operations business plans and budget. Develops and manages the facility capital improvement plans. Determine responsibilities of assigned organization and staff positions to accomplish business objectives
- Serve as role model in the areas of leadership, teamwork, customer focus, continuous improvement, safety, and environmental stewardship aligned with the company's policies and critical success factors. This includes staff development and effective succession planning and career development. Requires a "hands on" leader who is out in the plant with the team.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Manage subordinate supervisors who supervise employees in the Production Department and Maintenance Departments as well as project consultants/specialist and safety/health and environmental contractor assigned to plant as required. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors degree or engineering degree plus eight to ten years' related experience and/or training; or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Certified Engineering degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or Mining disciplines is a definite asset
Other Skills and Abilities: Industry related courses in Cement Manufacturing such as mining, milling, kiln operation, process control, and predictive maintenance are desirable.