We are looking for an exceptional Operations Manager to lead COMPANY in East Aurora, NY. The position directs the manufacturing operations of a $20M value stream. The position is responsible for directing the manufacturing of quality products that are delivered on time to customer-required dates and within budget. Manufacturing will be completed in a safe and clean work environment. The position is accountable for achieving safety, delivery, and productivity goals. The Ops leader reports to the GM and manages Production Supervisors as well as Manufacturing Engineers.
This position is responsible for meeting SQDIP objectives for a product line (direct and indirect variable costs responsibility). Champion for Daily Management discipline and Lean Conversion. Develop the best team to sustain the SQDIP process.
- Responsible for developing manufacturing team to drive SQDIP results.
- Champion of Kaizen to drive continuous process improvement in manufacturing process.
- Oversees safety program to ensure safe manufacturing work environment and to drive overall safety KPI's.
- Serves as the champion of Daily Management process to ensure all team members remain focused on SQDIP objectives.
- Lead manufacturing engineering team to drive quality yield improvements, reduced lead times & cycle time reductions.
- Lead production supervisory team to train/develop production associates through the development and implementation of standard work.
- Works closely with planner to develop accurate schedules/forecasts that maximize capacity while meeting customer demand.
- Effectively communicates with other departments, such as sales, quality, purchasing, etc. to ensure overall organizational objectives met.
- Works closely with plant controller to monitor and manage operational costs & maximize operating profit.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent additional Operations experience required. Engineering major preferred. Advanced business degree beneficial.
- 7+ years overall manufacturing experience required; 7+ years experience in management.
- Extensive experience utilizing Lean Tools to achieve sustained breakthrough improvements required.
- Experience working in union environment preferred.
- Effective planning, organization, and leadership skills
- Leadership skills- ability to drive and sustain engagement, operational improvement and service levels.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical background including experience with tools such as Excel & Access
- Ability & experience interfacing at all levels of the organization
COMPANY is an electronics manufacturer of Inductors, Radio Frequency coils, chokes, transformers and resolvers with a strong brand for nearly 70 years