Country:United States of America
Location:HSK02: Kidde Aerospace 4200 Airport Drive,NW, Wilson, NC, 27896 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Role Overview
This position leads large team of experienced Manufacturing Operations professionals or production team leaders. Establishes long term objectives and guidelines for managing and monitoring cell performance and productivity. Directs scheduling and sequencing of work, as well as production innovation to optimize production.
The Operations Manager, Electronics leads and oversees manufacturing activities to meet or exceed production targets and performance goals. In addition, he/she ensures team goals are aligned with achievement Sensors and Fire Protection objectives and works proactively in addressing potential issues and applies real-time problem solving skills when working towards resolution. This person will be working under the direction of the Site Operations Leader to identify, prioritize, and execute projects to reduce product cost, SRR, and inventory (I-5). This can include researching and recommending new technology, inventory management changes, process improvements, make vs. buy decisions, and system modifications. Finally, this person acts as a liaison between the operations team members and other functional areas.
Level of Responsibility:
- Has overall responsibility for the performance of the production area(s), including operations strategy and execution
- Accountable for the budget, staffing, and/or business/operational results
- Deploy and execute the LEAN strategy (VSM, Cell Design, Standard Work)
- Own & drive AIM
- Maintain knowledge on all product qualities and functions
- Ensure process implementation and robustness
- Work transfers
- Manages other leaders and dotted line leadership for Manufacturing Engineering, ACE, Materials Planning, Delivery Assurance, Supply Chain, Quality and Maintenance.
- Accountable for inventory management
- Product quality
- Employee engagement & management
- Schedule adherence
- 7-10+ years operations experience.
- Possess a unique blend of operations and technical savvy
- Strategic leadership and execution
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
Typical Educational Requirements:
- BA/BS degree w/10+ years experience
- MA/MS degree w/7+ years experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms