Working Shop Foreman
ConeCraft is a design and manufacturing company providing equipment primarily to the biopharmaceutical industry. Our focus is on innovation and we take pride in designing solutions to meet our customers’ needs. All equipment is designed and manufactured in-house which makes it an excellent fit for someone who enjoys seeing equipment conceptualized and then manufactured and tested.
ConeCraft employs approximately 130 people and is currently working two shifts. The environment is fast-paced and all positions in the company require some cross-functionality and teamwork.
ConeCraft has grown steadily since starting in 2003. The SHOP FOREMAN position has been created to help manage the personnel and process in our final assembly and shipping building. The SHOP FOREMAN will work closely with upper management to ensure high-quality equipment is delivered on schedule.
Primary responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
· Oversee approximately 30 people in three departments to manage the flow of work through Assembly and Shipping
· Work in Final Assembly to finish out equipment
· Assist customers on-site during Factory Acceptance Testing of their equipment
· Work with Quality Manager to ensure completion of final quality checks
· Work in Shipping to assist with packing and shipment of equipment, as well as manage just-in-time receipt of shipping crates
· Assist with LEAN manufacturing initiative and contribute to Continuous Improvement practices
· Assist with the implementation of ERP system in 2020
Skills and Requirements:
· This position requires a strong work ethic and the successful candidate must be a team player able to work with management in prioritizing the flow of orders through the shop
· Clear communication and strong people skills are essential
· Fluency in Spanish is helpful
· Successful candidate must have the ability to prioritize many projects at once and work with due dates that sometimes change
· Proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Outlook
· Experience reading drawings and mechanical knowledge
· Experience in managing a manufacturing operation is required, knowledge of stainless steel fabrication is preferred
· Two-year degree
ConeCraft offers medical, dental and vision insurance. Life insurance and disability are provided. ConeCraft provides paid time off as well as a 401(k) plan with matching and discretionary profit sharing.