Do you have a passion for film? Are you looking for a work environment where individuals pride themselves on their ability to deliver exceptional guest service? If so, our client in Bethesda is looking for engaging individuals who have the ability to be a successful leader in a demanding, fast-paced, retail environment committed to delivering exceptional, uninterrupted movie-time experiences.
- Consistently demonstrate actions to deliver exceptional guest experiences.
- Be attentive to guest needs and connect to guests and Crew Members by being hospitable, respectful, empathetic, passionate, and social.
- Optimize business results; to achieve the budget and the annual operation plan for the site and theater business overall.
- Manage staffing, education, compensation, performance management, scheduling, payroll, compliance processes, and site film processes to maximize revenue.
- Ensure the standards of excellence are maintained throughout the Guest Journey.
- Be proactive in the stewardship of company assets through minimizing areas of risk and loss at the site, including worker and guest safety.
- Be a role model of the company’s operating philosophy, including building a learning community to uphold operational standards, provide feedback, and create conditions for everyone's development.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and positive, energetic behaviors.
Position Qualifications or Requirements
- Be available to work nights, weekends and all recognized holiday periods.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Possess the ability to learn quickly and exercise sound judgment.
- Be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and appearance.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Management or similar field preferred.
- 1-3 years’ prior retail/hospitality experience in a supervisory role preferred.
- Café or Restaurant experience a plus.
- Through meaningful experiences in work, school or volunteer activities must have demonstrated an ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment where multi-tasking and ability to prioritize are required.
Compensation and Benefits
Depends on experience
· $35-$42k, medical, dental, and vision insurance, life/AD&D/LTD insurance, employee assistance program, vacation and sick pay, holiday bonus, 401(k) + 6% employer match, free movie tickets
For immediate review and considerations, contact:
Name – Barry, email@example.com
Why work with Firefly Hospitality?
- OUR CLIENTS HIRE US TO FIND THE BEST FIT
- Exclusively focused on the Hospitality related industries
- We work with the DECISION MAKERS – Owners, Principals, Directors, and HR
- CONFIDENTIALITY & PROFESSIONALISM: We assist with the entire process so that looking into a new opportunity is DISCRETE and CONFIDENTIAL – we highly value your current position and will never do anything that would bring your future into jeopardy
- EXPERTISE: 20 years of experience
- We are your advocate and WE GET IT – we know making a career decision is difficult and we’re here for you throughout the whole process