- Tracks accurately and timely the usage of linen items in all areas of the hospital.
- Analyzes linen products for possible cost-savings alternatives for lowering costs.
- Recommends and implements strategic plans to reduce linen costs.
- Trains, monitors, supports and assists each facility with a Linen Data Management Program.
- Directs facilities' staff on par level adjustments and trains nursing staff on acceptable par level use.
- Collaborates, consults, plans and educates linen users by designing and conducting Linen Education and training as needed.
- Documents linen cost reductions on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis by using project management tools.
- Implements a strong Reject Linen Program. Documents reject linen and works to resolve any linen quality issues identified through this program.
- Monitors and works to resolve any quantity, processing or distribution issues.
- Develops the reputation of being the "Expert" on linen distribution and utilization within the facilities.
- Creates and chairs a Linen Committee by getting support from the Administration and Nursing staff.
- Complies with and executes HHS's utilization training program.
HHS is one of the largest privately owned support service providers in the United States. We were founded in 1975, and started out by providing one hospital in Texas with housekeeping services. Since then, our company has grown in every way possible. Today, we employ more than 16,000 people in more than 30 states, as well as internationally, and provide a wide range of services in the healthcare, resort, senior living, government, and aviation industries. As a growing company, we are always looking for dedicated and quality-driven people who are ready to grow alongside us. To learn more about who we are and the services we provide, visit hhs1.com .
HHS has achieved success by hiring world-class individuals. We are looking for professionals with exceptional customer service skills to manage day-to-day operations in partner businesses across the US & growing world locations (currently beginning in Canada, South America, & Japan).
Benefits and Compensation
Our company is a great place to work; we offer paid vacations, paid sick days, full benefits, exceptional compensation packages, and the opportunity for advancement. Increasing compensation and advancing your career will only be limited by your performance. All compensation packages are negotiable. Regardless of your starting point with HHS, our history has proven that most salaried team members can double their base compensation within 5 years of their start date.
The Essential Functions Test (EFT)
- At HHS, we know that people drive our success. We need team members with a positive attitude who are committed to teamwork, compassionate patient care, and top-notch quality service. What's more, we need team members who can perform the essential physical functions of the job.
- To make sure our team members can in fact perform those functions specifically related to their job duties with HHS, they must PASS 100% of the HHS Essential Functions Test (EFT). During the EFT, individuals will be expected to perform a series of controlled lifts and movements that replicate the tasks performed as part of their employment.
- The EFT helps HHS determine whether potential team members have the physical abilities required to perform their job.
HHS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
Thank you for your interest in HOSPITAL HOUSEKEEPING SYSTEMS, LLC. Our records indicate that you have already submitted an application for employment. Should your prior experience match our business needs, you will be contacted by a representative of our company.