Operations Manager - Home Care
Healthcare is one of the most popular job sectors in Oakland - with an expected growth of 35% over the next ten years. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting - Greater Oakland job opportunities are abundant.
Our client is a leading Home Care agency in the area that is currently seeking a compassionate and competent Operations Manager who will be responsible for ensuring efficient billing, staffing, and programs for the agency!
Operations Manager - Home Care Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coordinating, managing and directing the day-to-day operations of the agency including intake, scheduling and admissions, cost reporting, accounts payable, billing and accounts receivable management.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, managing and directing all activities and programs relating to the recruitment, selection, retention, orientation and development of agency employees.
- Directs the management of all accounting information systems including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable.
- Ensures maximum third party reimbursement through efficient billing and collections operations, effective accounts receivable management and a thorough understanding of Medicare reimbursement principles.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of government billing regulations including Medicare and Medicaid regulations and serves as a resource for appropriate organization personnel.
- Directs all daily human resources operations including recruiting, onboarding and staff development. Provide direct oversight of the establishment and implementation of human resource policies.
- Maintain and update human resource records, forms, and policies to ensure compliance in accordance to state and federal regulations.
- Implement the day-to-day policies and procedures governing the payroll functions.
- Directs payroll practices and collaborates with other members of the management team in establishing personnel policies that assures compliance with state and federal regulations, including wages, salaries and benefit regulations.
Operations Manager - Home Care Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of experience in Home Health and Hospice preferred.
- Prior experience with EMR system and MS Office, preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must have professional customer service driven skills.
- Communicates effectively with all customers internal and external.
- Ability to be flexible, to follow verbal and written instructions, and to work in a team environment.
- Proficient in completing routine paperwork, multi-tasking, and providing appropriate follow-up as needed.