Operations Manager - Hospice
Fort Worth, Texas
The sprawling city of Fort Worth is currently one of the fastest growing cities in the United States - with great neighborhoods, scenic terrain, and a rich history of art and culture that blends with modern life. It’s cutting edge, fresh, and exciting, but it still maintains the authentic Texas roots that make it unique. Fort Worth is truly booming right now which presents a lot of opportunities to healthcare professionals in the area.
Our client is a leading provider of Hospice services in the area that is seeking a compassionate and competent Operations Manager to fill an important leadership roll! A successful candidate will have outstanding communication skills with the drive to motivate the existing team and hold everybody accountable for their performance and respective duties.
Operations Manager - Hospice Responsibilities:
- Directs the management of all accounting information systems including payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable.
- Ensures maximum third party reimbursement through efficient billing and collections operations, effective accounts receivable management and a thorough understanding of Medicare reimbursement principles.
- Responsible for coordinating, managing and directing the day-to-day operations of the agency including intake, scheduling and admissions, cost reporting, accounts payable, billing and accounts receivable management.
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, managing and directing all activities and programs relating to the recruitment, selection, retention, orientation and development of agency employees.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of government billing regulations including Medicare and Medicaid regulations and serves as a resource for appropriate organization personnel.
- Directs all daily human resources operations including recruiting, onboarding and staff development. Provide direct oversight of the establishment and implementation of human resource policies.
- Maintain and update human resource records, forms, and policies to ensure compliance in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Implement the day-to-day policies and procedures governing the payroll functions.
- Directs payroll practices and collaborates with other members of the management team in establishing personnel policies that assures compliance with state and federal regulations, including wages, salaries and benefit regulations.
Operations Manager - Hospice Qualifications:
- 1-2 years of experience in Home Health and Hospice preferred.
- Prior experience with EMR system and MS Office, preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must have professional customer service driven skills.
- Communicates effectively with all customers internal and external.
- Ability to be flexible, to follow verbal and written instructions, and to work in a team environment.
- Proficient in completing routine paperwork, multi-tasking, and providing appropriate follow-up as needed