OPERATIONS MANAGER – HOU William P. Hobby Airport/IAH George Bush Intercontinental Airport
This position will work approximately 3 days a week at IAH Airport/2 days a week at HOU Airport
Salary: $55,000 - $60,000 based on experience and qualifications
Full-time & Benefit Eligible
Smarte Carte Inc. is hiring an Operations Manager to work at and travel between George Bush Intercontinental Airport and William P. Hobby Houston Airport. This position is full-time and requires coverage of nights, weekends and holiday shifts.
Smarte Carte, Inc. is the leading concessionaire of self-serve vended luggage carts, electronic lockers, commercial strollers and massage chairs, as well as other passenger and guest services.
Smarte Carte is headquartered in St. Paul, MN and has operations in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom and Singapore.
BASIC JOB FUNCTION:
Assist with overall responsibility for a multi-million dollar P&L, with the expectation to deliver profitable results vs. annual and strategic plans. This is a highly visible position, which will drive value and significantly impact bottom-line profitability. Responsible to ensure increasing levels of customer satisfaction and employee engagement while building a culture of accountability, performance and integrity.
- Oversee and schedule maintenance cleaning, functionality and availability of luggage carts.
- Manage staff to ensure compliance with Service Level Agreement.
- Manage staff to ensure policies and regulations are followed.
- Manage daily and weekly labor to ensure proper coverage levels and minimize costs.
- Ensure daily operational performance goals are met through actively managing the labor force.
- Perform, schedule and track R&M procedures on carts, cart moving equipment and corrals.
- Direct staff according to the work demands within the airport.
- Complete daily round sheets and employee documentation.
- Assist in cart collection and cleaning of equipment in all areas.
- Assist in scheduling, vacation coverage, training and development, new employee orientation, and policy and procedure implementation.
- Function as acting Manager in General Managers absence.
- Minimum 1-year experience with mechanical equipment/electrical systems preferable
- Minimum 2-year experience in a management position
- Proficient in Computers as well as Excel and Word programs
Licenses & Certifications:
- Valid Drivers’ license
- Must be able to attain Airport Badge
- Professionalism/Customer Service - work in a professional manner and use courtesy when dealing with all airport customers, clients and staff.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Maintain good communication and cooperation with hourly employees
- Organized and able to manage multiple priorities
- Build relationships with key stakeholders within the airport community
- Understand and apply health and safety standards
- Walk and stand for duration of shift (8 hours)
- Lift 40 lbs. to waist height
- Push/pull 75-100 lbs.; move up to 15 carts simultaneously
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
Smarte Carte Inc. offers competitive pay, and outstanding benefits including; Group Health Insurance; Medical & Dental, Company Paid Life Insurance, Company Paid Short-Term Disability, Matching 401k, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Company Outings, Wellness Reimbursement Program and More!
- 2 year(s): Management
- 1 year(s): Mechanical/electrical systems
- Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
- Drivers License
- Airport Badge
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- Decision Making
- Data Analysis
- People Management
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest