The Operations Manager I provides leadership and broad management control over the Federal Fuels Business Unit (BU) operations, including preconstruction and construction planning, project execution and change management, financial administration, staff management, and sales operational support from opportunity to award and aware through closeout/lesson learned.
Preferred location for the position is Jacksonville, FL but other Gilbane offices will be considered for the right candidate.
- Oversee the opportunity-to-award process, including the kickoff meeting, go-no go, management review, fee-pro, contract review, contract negotiation and award
- Control and administer “people resources” within the Federal Fuels BU to meet goals established for new sales, work-in-place and earnings, including the direct oversight of project executives and senior project executives
- Collaborate with other department heads on local staff recruiting, overall staff development, salary administration, assignments and transfers, long and short-range staff planning, recoveries and new sales staff planning
- Monitor and direct overall project performance (i.e., inspection, repair, construction) from award to closeout/lessons learned
- Ensure procedures are established and enforced to produce quality, on-time, on-budget projects, especially related to change management, client relationship management, subcontractor management, and financial management
- Ensure difficult customer relations issues are solved, with an emphasis on anticipating and preventing problems
- Ensure safety procedures are established and enforced, with an emphasis on leading a Safety culture in alignment with the "Gilbane Cares" Core Value
- Establish and maintain a high level of risk sensitivity throughout all levels of the Federal Fuels BU
- Participate in and take a leadership role in the BU’s strategy sessions
- Ensure preconstruction efforts produce complete and deliverable estimates in accordance with all contract requirements
- Ensure Quality is established and maintained throughout the BU
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with owners and architects
- Monitor and direct Gilbane’s EEO responsibilities
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- 15+ years relevant experience, with at least 10 years in the DoD Federal Fuels business
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong technical and communication skills are critical
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Leadership and management skills
- Financial management skills (business acumen)
- DoD Federal Fuels technical knowledge (e.g,. inspection and repair of storage tanks, pipelines, piping, etc.) and client relationship experience
Gilbane offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into a top training organization in the construction industry. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.Gilbane is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.