The IGN team is expanding! In 2020 we launched the IGN Store, a direct-sales ecommerce business selling IGN merch, as well as licensed apparel from Nintendo, Disney, Hasbro, WB and more. We’re looking for an experienced US-based ecommerce manager to lead IGN Store ecommerce growth in 2021 and beyond. In this role you will manage day-to-day store operations, as well as seek out and sign new vendor, licensee, and platform partnerships.
Requirements and Expectations
We’re looking for a self-starting and entrepreneurial ecommerce professional prepared to step in and own execution of IGN Store operations. Although IGN is a multinational company, with Store we are building a new business within our business. Individuals who can independently identify, research and overcome hurdles will thrive in this role.
● 4+ years of experience in ecommerce operations
● Experience with ecommerce buying/merchandising
● Experience negotiating pricing, calculating margin, reading and reporting on financial results
● Experience with copy writing and headline writing, general editorial best practices
● Familiarity with online paid marketing platforms and best practices
● An existing network of vendor, platform, and/or logistics companies to tap for potential future partnerships
● Professional or personal familiarity with video games, comic books, anime, etc.
● Wholesale apparel experience - thread counts, countries of origin, etc.
● Experience with portrait or product photography
● Light computer science knowledge -- You don’t need to be a coder, but enough background to get by would be helpful
○ Build and launch weekly store sales
○ Process and publish new SKUs
○ Test and optimize paid marketing campaigns
○ Manage and oversee IGN Store list growth (Email, Push, SMS, Social)
○ Field and resolve escalated or atypical customer support requests
○ Coordinate with the wider IGN team on Store hooks and promotion across IGN.com and other primary publishing platforms
○ Track and report on revenue, unit sales, margin, other key growth KPIs
○ Seek out and ultimately sign new dropship, POD, or traditional distribution partners, both within IGN Store’s current product category (shirts), as well as new categories (merch, hats, watches, socks, toys, collectibles)
○ Negotiate wholesale and fulfillment pricing
○ Launch direct sales on new platforms
○ Seek out and sign further licensing agreements
What we need from you
● Your resume. Wow us! Leave out the stuff irrelevant to this job and put in the dazzling stuff about your ecommerce prowess.
● Links to your projects and accomplishments you’re most proud of.
Here's the good stuff about us
● IGN is the market leader. We’re one of the most popular websites on the internet, and reach millions of video game, movie and TV fans every day on the web, on YouTube, on TikTok, Instagram and every other social platform.
● We balance “big company” resources with a “small company” emphasis on moving fast and taking risks. This role will always be encouraged to try new things.
● We promote from within and always strive to identify and reward top performers.
● IGN is full of people who like to have fun, create amazing things, and discuss last night’s episode of The Mandalorian the next morning. Don’t fall behind.
● Flexible hours and an opportunity to work remote, work in office, or hybrid work.
IGN is made up of all kinds of people that share a common love of games, TV, movies, comics, tech, and all things geeky. We strongly encourage people of every race, gender identification, sexual orientation, and background to apply.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.