Kinsley Power Systems is seeking a Sales Operations Manager. The Sales Operations Manager is responsible for providing analytic and administrative assistance to the Vice President of Sales, as well as the overall supervision of the inside sales support team. The successful candidate for this position will utilize project data and collaborate with assigned Sales staff, Finance and Service staff in continuous improvements to increase the accuracy of project reporting, efficiency in project execution, resulting in increased project profitability.
Additionally, the Operations Manager is responsible for planning and developing methods and procedures for implementing programs, directs and coordinates program activities, and exercises control over personnel responsible for specific functions or phases of programs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing the flow, tracking and reporting on the portfolio of sales projects from cradle to grave, including communications with internal stakeholders, vendors and customers.
- Supervise inside sales support function, including direct management of staff, hiring, evaluating, coaching, counseling and termination of employees, as needed.
- Directs and coordinates, personally or through subordinate managerial personnel, activities concerned with implementation and carrying out objectives of program.
- Reviews reports and records of activities to ensure progress is being accomplished toward specified program objective, and modifies or changes methodology as required to redirect activities and attain objectives.
- Prepares program reports for superiors.
- Tracks and reports outside sales employee performance to quota, assists with quota setting and forecasting for budget process.
- Tracks and coaches individual performance of inside sales support team of required data entry, customer and outside sales team communication, and project management responsibilities, including assisting with task completion, as needed.
- Conduct routine analysist of inventory, sales pipeline, loss/win review and customer sales related analyses and act as liaison with the factory.
- Recommend changes to channel partner management and customer prospecting as well as inventory strategy based upon historic and predictive analysis.
- Clearly understand and relay the assigned Sales team members and customers’ needs cross-departmentally as appropriate.
- Designs business requirements; manages implementation of system modifications, including end user training.
- Follow up on work in process to ensure appropriate work flow process through sales, supply-base companies, operations, and finance/collections departments are being followed.
- Works cross-functionally to ensure all elements of the order, sales, after sales support are being fulfilled to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
- Responsible for establishing CRM rules/guidelines (use of activities, desired fields, etc.) to ensure data completeness and associated insight from user base & management.
- Compiles and publishes weekly sales reports
- Represents the sales department by participating in interdepartmental teams; interacting with other departments in a positive, effective and supportive manner.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Minimum Education, Qualifications, Skills, Competencies and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; plus 5+ years related experience and 3+ year’s supervisor experience; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Previous project management experience required
- Attention to detail, and aptitude for statistics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with a high degree of energy and competitiveness balanced with impeccable integrity, attention to detail and a personable demeanor.
- High sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently, in high stress situations, with multiple individuals making multiple demands
Note: Essential functions are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements of this position, but are not intended to be comprehensive. Ordering of essential functions does not necessarily reflect importance of item.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.