Anixter International is a leading global distributor of Network & Security Solutions, Electrical& Electronic Solutions and Utility Power Solutions. We help build, connect, protect, and power valuable assets and critical infrastructures. From enterprise networks to industrial MRO supply to video surveillance applications to electric power distribution, we offer full-line solutions, and intelligence, that create reliable, resilient systems that sustain businesses and communities. Please view our video for more information about Anixter.
Anixter offers a competitive salary and a bonus program to reward your results. We are known for our exceptional training and on-going development programs to support your career growth including a tuition reimbursement program. We provide our employees excellent benefits including medical, dental, and a 401(K) with employer match.
We are currently looking for an Operations Manager in Irving/Liggett, TX. The Operations Manager will be responsible for managing, developing and coaching a team of supervisors while managing change and driving operational efficiency within their department. This position will also have P&L responsibility. The qualified candidate will also be able to establish strong communications with their team and drive operational efficiency through employee engagement and process improvement. This person will interact with and support a sales force at the same location. Ideally, the Operations Manager will strive in a fast paced environment while driving organizational goals and will be rewarded with a great work environment and opportunities for growth.
- Operations Management: Ensure quality and production for all warehouse functions such as receiving, picking, packing and shipping departments. Maintains compliance with all safety and Hazmat rules and regulations, legal regulations, and human resource policies.
- Operations Efficiency: Track and maximize workflow and work units per hour; Ensure SOP compliance; Identify operational development opportunities, ensure safety rules are being followed, as well as compliance with all DOT regulations. Manages fleet resources to meet daily customer service delivery requirements.
- Team Leadership: Develop an engaged and efficient workforce through supervisor development. Provide high level leadership to supervisors and facility staff. recognizes, trains, coaches, counsels, and takes corrective action when warranted.
- Change Management: Desire to make a difference; Ability to implement change, manage expectations and maintain accountability.
We are looking for candidates with:
- 5 – 10 years of operations management experience within logistics or distribution.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited 4 year university preferred.
- Extensive experience leading warehouse operations such as receiving, picking, packing and production, within a high-volume distribution center required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications (e.g. Excel)
- Proven experience identifying development opportunities and leading change initiatives.
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills and warehouse management system experience required.
- Strong communicator, self-directed, motivated and goal oriented.
Our founders developed the Blue Book more than 40 years ago to present the beliefs and ethos that define our business style. While we have grown and changed dramatically since we were established in 1957, one thing has remained constant: our commitment to the values presented in the Blue Book. You can review The Blue Book here.
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times.