Start building your career today! Coastal Roofing Supply is one of the leading roofing suppliers in the Florida market. We are committed to providing second to none service to our builder, remodeler, and commercial construction customers. One of the primary reasons for our success is our team is that we focus on hiring and retaining the best the market has to offer. Coastal Roofing Supply is a division of US LBM Holdings. Join our team as an Operations Managers at our Lakeland, Florida location!
Things you should know about working at Coastal Roofing Supply:
- We�re all about teamwork! All positions are hands-on and we band together when necessary.
- We support each other! We have local and corporate team members to help you along the way and partner on projects as appropriate.
- We are a relaxed atmosphere. This is not a suit and tie environment.
- We care about our communities. USLBM, our divisions and associates are committed to contributing to the communities where we live and work.
- We work hard! We are a continuous improvement driven organization and we are focused on keeping organized and on task.
- We�re built on safety. We provide a safe and healthy workplace for all our employees. Our employees go home in the same condition they came to work.
Things about the Operations Manager role:
- You will assist the branch manager in setting and meeting the warehouse operational goal by establishing operations procedures.
- Control and maintain incoming and outgoing shipments and the disposition of the building materials.
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding product selection, placement of orders, requests for prices and quotations, complaints and scheduling of deliveries and installations, and providing customer follow-ups.
- Assist in the scheduling and coordinating of shipments to meet on-time deliveries; perform physical inventory and daily cycle counts.
- Lead, motivate, train and manage side by side with assigned warehouse associates.
- Build and maintain excellent internal and external customer relationships.
- Operate various warehousing equipment such as forklifts, RF scanners, etc. for loading and unloading building materials
- Maintain physical condition of warehouse; monitor the safety and cleanliness of the work area and ensures adherence to the guidelines; monitor equipment to ensure proper operation; develops and ensures adherence to preventative maintenance schedule.
Building Your Career With Benefits:
- The Usual. Medical, Dental and Vision (starting the 1st of the month after 30 days).
- The Good. 401(k) with company match.
- The Best. Paid Time Off and Closed Holidays.
- Even Better. Employee Discounts and Company Cookouts.
- How do we top that? We support your educational and career goals with our continuing educations programs, paid training and promoting from within.
We want you to join our team if you can check these boxes:
- A Bachelor�s degree in Supply Chain/Inventory Management preferred or equivalent in experience.
- You have minimum 3 years Operations/Warehouse management experience and 3+ years of successful management experience in a building materials or construction related industry.
- Knowledge of various product lines and procedures, capable and comfortable quoting prices, credit terms, and presenting sales products in a positive and confident manner.
- You have excellent oral communication skills and positive interpersonal skills; you�re a team builder able to motivate others.
- You are able to maintain and enhance positive customer relations.
- You are organized, very attentive to details, and assertive with excellent follow-up skills.
- You have good math skills, knowledge of building materials and dimensional lumber products.
- You have good computer experience using MS Office products and can quickly pick up proprietary software.
- You enjoy a �hands-on� work experience.
- There are physical demands which may include exposure to extreme temperatures (in our warehouse/yard) and be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a random basis, standing and walking for extended periods of time; bending or stooping.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those with relatable experience will be considered.