Minimum of Two Years Related Experience!
This position reports directly to the Executive Director at the local U.S.VETS site and will regularly consult with and receive guidance from the Vice President of Operations & Compliance at U.S.VETS National Office. This position is responsible for program operations and management of all administrative services at the U.S.VETS site.
- Ensures program and financial compliance for each grant funded
- Performs grants management to include researching, preparing, and submitting grant applications, renewals, and modifications as needed to support program activities
- Ensures overall organizational integrity within the site through compliance with all local, state, federal, and other regulations
- Prepares, modifies, and monitors budget for entire site and each grant funded for that site
- Ensures all costs related to grant activities are allowable, allocable, and reasonable for grant funding
- Coordinates with the Accounting Department to properly allocate and record expenses based on grant and budget eligibility
- Oversees distribution and accounting of petty cash, site credit cards, and other financial transactions
- Ensures grant billings are in conformance with grants and budgets to include timely preparation, submission, and collection
- Oversees tracking, collecting, and reporting of program rents & fees from program participants
- Coordinates with National Office to ensure site licenses, permits, and insurance certificates are maintained as required by law and funders
- Assists with payroll by reviewing employee time sheets to ensure proper allocation methods
- Participates in staff recruitment, hiring, retention, training, evaluation, termination, and supervision as necessary and maintains all related documents in employee files
- Coordinates with site Managers/Coordinators to prepare and submit reports as required for funder and internal purposes
- Performs periodic client file audits to ensure grant compliance
- Oversees database maintenance to ensure accurate grant and program reporting, client information, donation tracking, etc.
- Coordinates with National Office, landlords, and property management on lease agreements/addendums and facility maintenance to ensure compliance with regulations to include health and safety codes
- Coordinates with National Office to ensure site Information Technology (IT) needs are met
- Coordinates with all departments to oversee and maintain site inventory of supplies
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Non-Profit Management, Public Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Understanding of fund accounting and budgeting process
- Ability to work within a social services team environment yet maintain the “bottom line”
- Excellent oral & written communications skills
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse group of clients, staff, community members, and funders as well as work independently with minimal oversight
- Leadership, Supervisory, and Conflict Management Skills
United States Veterans Initiative is a non-profit organization whose mission is the successful transition of military veterans and their families through the provision of housing, counseling, career development and comprehensive support.