TAK Communications, Inc., a leading multi-state cable television installation firm, is seeking a full-time Operations Manager in our Memphis, TN office.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for all aspects of a significant piece of our overall business/installation technicians. Responsibilities will include training, quality performance, productivity and daily management including tracking attendance and tardiness and addressing any disciplinary issues quickly and appropriately.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of a market – this includes metrics, production and headcount
- Responsible for maintaining headcount – working with the Regional Director Operations and Recruiting and client to determine the appropriate number of technicians and then interviewing, hiring and retaining technicians to deliver on that promise
- Supervisor Development – Serves as a mentor and coach to a set number of current supervisors – develops actionable plans to get them prepared for managerial opportunities if desired
- Responsible not only for holding all in-house supervisors and related technicians accountable for their work, customer experience, craftsmanship, etc. but also for any sub-partner technicians which the company may choose to use from time to time as necessary
- Responsible for strong production and maximization of revenue and profitability through sound technician and supervisor hiring, training and retention
- Responsible for identifying qualified supervisor candidates, interviewing, hiring and setting those selected up for success through training, guidance and development
- Upbeat, positive and persevering – able to identify obstacles to superior results and able to work around, through or over to deliver said results
- Ensures adherence to quality control standards, maintenance programs and internal controls designed to safeguard all company assets
- Responsible for prompt handling of client escalations – responsive and thorough
- Can handle multiple competing tasks concurrently, prioritize effectively and deliver on deadlines and promises
PREFERRED CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Three to five years of previous supervisory skills in a telecommunications or cable tv company
- Previous Broadband Technician or equivalent work experience preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills required
- Prior management experience in the telecommunications field
- Working knowledge of National Electric Code, Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), and related state and local codes is helpful
- Professional demeanor
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background test and drug screen and have a valid driver’s license.
- Must possess the capacity to learn, adapt to change, and become proficient quickly.
- Ability to manage stress, exercise self-control, adhere to company policies and uphold the mission of the organization.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Good, modern, well-lighted, ventilated, air-conditioned work area.
- Subject to frequent interruptions and deadlines.
- May work long or irregular hours.
- Must maintain confidentiality as may be required in the normal course of position performance.
- May have times where the manager will need to be working in the field.
- Work indoors in confined space, poorly ventilated areas such as attics and crawl spaces during extreme heat
- Exposure to dust, dirt, noise, insects, cleaning solutions
- Work outdoors in all kinds of weather and all times of the day or night
- Work performed near power lines and electricity
- Work and travel in inclement weather
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TAK Communications, Inc. strives to hire, recruit, and promote associates without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. TAK is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer. TAK Communications will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.