Global, Local, Total
National Express Transit (NEXT) is a rapidly growing provider of transit, paratransit, and shuttle services for transit authorities, municipalities and other clients across the country. NEXT is the US-based public transportation division of UK-based National Express Group, providers of nearly one billion safe journeys each year. We are currently seeking an Operations Supervisor for our Customer Service Center (CSC) in Modesto, CA.
- Provides overall CSC operational leadership by directing transportation services, driver training and vehicle maintenance programs to support the operating plan and overall business goals.
- Provides staff leadership by promoting and ensuring safe, efficient and effective operations
- Monitors staff training requirements and ensure all employees obtain the required skills and abilities to perform their job assignments.
- Sets performance expectations, coaches and counsels all direct reports in an effort to meet operational expectations; administers employee discipline as necessary.
- Ensure overall compliance with Company policies and/or processes. Escalate violations of policy and procedures with General Manager and/or Corporate personnel.
- Oversees compliance with state and federal regulations
- Attends meetings with customers and represents company in professional manner
- Prepares and submits required customer-related reports in a timely manner.
- Documents and manages customer or employee complaints and review customer survey data
- Responsible for knowledge of CSC contracts and accompanying operational requirements.
- Collects and audits employees' time sheets.
- Manages direct and indirect hours to ensure budget requirements are met and collects and audits employees' time sheets as needed.
- Examines and reviews the daily exception report.
- Approves all expenditures in accord with company guidelines.
- Ensures the effective utilization of vehicles.
- Oversees the optimization of vehicle routing
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- 5 years' work experience required, with 3 years in ground transportation industry preferred; this can be waived with a minimum of 1-year supervisory experience. College education can be substituted for up to 2 years required work experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred; specifically experience supervising/training a driver workforce
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and transportation related software
- Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and group presentation skills
- Well-developed multi-tasking and time management skills
- Possess a valid Commercial Driver's License with appropriate endorsements
- Bi-lingual abilities a plus
National Express LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information please visit http://www.nationalexpresstransit.com or http://www.nellc.com .
K ey Words : Operations Supervisor, Operations Manager, Transportation Supervisor, Transportation Manager, Bus, Buses, Passenger, Passengers, Transportation, Special Needs Transportation, Logistics, Operations, DOT, Transport, Route, Routing, School, Field Trip, Field Trips, Charter, Charters, Safety, Passenger Safety, NAPT, VersaTrans, Synovia, Edulog, CMF 88, 88M, 88N, 88Z