Bearing Distributors Inc. (BDI) is a leading supplier of products and services to manufacturing companies throughout the world. Our commitments to customer service and technical expertise have been the trademark of our success and global expansion. BDI is a subsidiary of Forge Industries - a diversified, privately held company providing high quality products and services to industry.
BDI’s Brand is Success. Success Made Easier is more than a slogan or tag line- it is our promise to our Customers, our Team Members, our Suppliers and our Shareholders. Everything we do focuses on delivering Success to each group.
Responsible for the day-to-day operation inside a branch. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: customer service, “collections”, inventory control, branch and vendor relations, supervision and development of the inside sales and warehouse staff capabilities.
- Supervision and delegation of daily activities to the Inside Sales and Warehouse staff and all maintenance pertaining to the branch.
- Answer incoming sales calls, including performing quotations, sales and purchases orders, defining technical and product specifications, and maintaining pricing.
- Reviewing and populating reports, including daily cold call lists for all Inside Sales personnel.
- Oversees Inventory Control and stock takes through various processes, including annual vendor returns.
- Responsible for collections from customers who are past due
- First in problem resolution in areas including; SAP systems, sales & accounting, inventory & stock takes.
- Handles some purchasing, including meetings with outside vendors.
- Responsible for supervising all inside staff’s training, including; SAP, product, and personal development.
- Responsible for other duties as they are assigned.
Education & Experience:
- H.S. Diploma or GED Required, Associate’s Degree or Two Year College in Business or Marketing Preferred.
- 3-5 Years’ experience in Inside, or Outside Sales with some experience in supervising others, or acting in a lead capacity.
- Strong product knowledge of bearings and power transmission products a must.
- Must also have good interpersonal communication and leadership skills.
- Must have a good sense of the business model, with an emphasis on ethical procedures and practices.
Operations Manager Overview
BDI Company Overview