Operations Manager to oversee manufacturing operations and directly supervise work of 5 plant department Managers. Work closely with the Plant Manager to direct and manage the day to day operation of the Beverage manufacturing facility. Coordinate the activities of the manufacturing facilities of the plat to ensure customer orders are received, scheduled, produced and shipped safely. Effectively utilize plant capacities and optimize manufacturing costs and quality.
• Provide sound administrative direction of subordinate departments including, Distribution, Operations, Production, Purchasing and others to ensure that objectives and goals are met and that employees are manager effectively.
• Responsible and accountable for Production Facilities quality compliance, inventory control, efficiencies with respect to labor, overhead, packaging and ingredients, operational budget and the profit and loss statements.
• Coach and counsel subordinate managers without "over managing" or "micromanaging" their decisions.
• Create, develop and sustain a "can-do" climate and high levels of frequent communication, cooperation, rewards, training and mutual among departments.
• Demonstrate an adequate understanding of plant machinery, equipment, processing, blending, extraction, shelf-stable products, quality, and/or other requisite technical knowledge to engage in overall direction, meaningful conversation across functions and leadership
• Demonstrate clear integrity and a sense of ethics and responsibility to the plant and its employees, serving as a model for others.
• Manage relationships with neighbors, community leaders and regulatory agencies.
• Respond effectively and work cross-functionally within the organization particularly with other plants and cooperate leadership.
• Coordinates production, distribution, warehousing and sales in accordance with the policies and procedures established by the Company.
• Effectively partner with Human Resources and others in a union environment.
• Perform in a variety of capacities related to employment decisions throughout the employment life cycle, i.e. hiring, termination, performance evaluation, salary recommendations, employee relations issues as appropriate, etc.
• Understand and manage as appropriate capital project expenditures and/or the implementation of capital projects.
Effectively implement, improve and reinforce the company's environmental health and safety programs and product safety programs.
• College Degree and/or equivalent experience required - preferable in engineering, business, food science or related field.
• 12 - 15 years operational and management experience in food production environment
• Three years UHT processing experience a plus.
• Familiar with how basic plant equipment functions (pumps, hydraulics, electricity, boiler, compressors, chillers, etc.).
• Prior food & beverage CPG consumer packaging experience preferred.
• Planning, scheduling and project management experience necessary.
• Food technology.