The Department Assistant Director is responsible for supporting the Director of Housekeeping by administering all Hospital Housekeeping Systems' (HHS) programs by maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and consistency throughout all areas in the Hospital.
- Prepares Payroll Records employees' names, pay period and other necessary information on payroll sheets and files in sign-in book by the end of the workday every other Friday
- Requisitions, receives, and stores supplies
- Prepares equipment room requisition and submits to purchasing by noon each day;
- stores supplies immediately upon receipt
- Issues daily supplies to Housekeeping staff
- Provides employees with cleaning materials
- Checks carts to insure all supplies are available prior to shift start
- Assigns staff members to specific areas
- Ensures coverage of all areas with staff members available
- Makes Daily inspections of areas all areas visited during the day; completes written inspection reports on deficiencies.
- Maintains Quality Control Program
- Ensures Public Relations and Patient Visitation rounds assigned by the Department Director are completed
- Performs and ensures that Quality Improvement Inspections are completed
- Assists the Department Director in Employee Training Programs
- Identifies staff members in need of additional training and provides list to Department Director
- Appropriately supervises team members
- Observes and coaches employees daily to identify potential problems, promote team building and efficiently manage.
- Prepares Job Evaluations on Supervisors Finalizes evaluations on employees and submits them to the Department Director within 30 days from close-out on period of evaluation
- Perform All other duties assigned
- Is a motivated manager that volunteers for additional duties and is supportive of HHS' practices
- Complies with all HHS policies and procedures
- Is knowledgeable of and compliant with all HHS' policies and procedures
- Completes all mandatory training
- Completes all required training and participates in volunteer curriculum
HHS is one of the largest privately owned support service providers in the United States. We were founded in 1975, and started out by providing one hospital in Texas with housekeeping services. Since then, our company has grown in every way possible. Today, we employ more than 16,000 people in more than 30 states, as well as internationally, and provide a wide range of services in the healthcare, resort, senior living, government, and aviation industries. As a growing company, we are always looking for dedicated and quality-driven people who are ready to grow alongside us. To learn more about who we are and the services we provide, visit hhs1.com .
HHS has achieved success by hiring world-class individuals. We are looking for professionals with exceptional customer service skills to manage day-to-day operations in partner businesses across the US & growing world locations (currently beginning in Canada, South America, & Japan).
The Essential Functions Test (EFT)
- At HHS, we know that people drive our success. We need team members with a positive attitude who are committed to teamwork, compassionate patient care, and top-notch quality service. What's more, we need team members who can perform the essential physical functions of the job.
- To make sure our team members can in fact perform those functions specifically related to their job duties with HHS, they must PASS 100% of the HHS Essential Functions Test (EFT). During the EFT, individuals will be expected to perform a series of controlled lifts and movements that replicate the tasks performed as part of their employment.
- The EFT helps HHS determine whether potential team members have the physical abilities required to perform their job.
HHS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity.
Thank you for your interest in HOSPITAL HOUSEKEEPING SYSTEMS, LLC. Our records indicate that you have already submitted an application for employment. Should your prior experience match our business needs, you will be contacted by a representative of our company.