GES - WE BRING THE “WOW”!
ARE YOU READY TO BE A “WOW” MAKER?
GES, Global Experience Specialists, is a global event marketing company with over 90 years and 4,000 passionate employees in North America, Europe and the Middle East.
We create some of the most incredible events in the world – think traveling entertainment exhibitions, global user groups, sales conferences, holiday extravaganzas and exhibitions of all sizes. From initial strategy to show-stopping audio visual, to accommodations and insightful measurement – inclusive of every detail in between – we bring brands to life!
Life at GES U.S.
Under the direction of Senior Operations Managers on assigned shows, or show areas, proactively coordinate and develop all operational aspects of all Show-Site operations which are inclusive of Freight, Logistics and Decorating Delivery of the highest level of hassle-free customer service in the most efficient manner possible.
Our mission is to create memorable event experiences, and we count on our talented employees around the world to help us do it. We are looking for team members who can dream up the impossible and deliver it.
Some of our clients include Boeing, Disney Pixar, Dell, Pfizer, Harley Davidson, Cadillac and some of our tradeshow and convention clients include the National Restaurant Association, National Safety Council, International Manufacturing Technology Show, the Chicago Auto Show, as well as many more.
- Coordinate and develop all operational aspects of showsite operations which is inclusive of freight, Logistics, decorating, rigging & TSE.
- Exhibit a basic understanding of all lines of business required for production of event or show.
- Develop fully integrated implementation plans for assigned show portfolio to ensure planned labor and show margins are met or exceeded
- Manage people and assets for all assigned show, or assigned area on show to ensure direct costs are at or below plan.
- Ensure proper billing practices and proper documentation of materials, labor, and rental equipment is performed to ensure accurate invoicing for the purpose of capturing all revenue.
- Provide assistance of the assigned operational show team in the count down process for the purpose of developing Productivity Improvement Plans, Service Plans, and the clear documentation of process improvement opportunities to be reviewed in Post Show Meetings.
- In conjunction with Senior Operations Manager, review all labor calls and staffing plans on assigned shows to ensure they are fact based and in alignment with the Implementation Plan, the show budget, and service requirement.
- Obtain and disseminate labor-tracking reports to operational team. Make on-site adjustments to ensure show margins are achieved.
- Manage the labor and productivity tracking and reporting process. Assist in show labor analysis.
- Implement GES SOP and Best Practices, and pro actively develop, test and share process improvements.
- Ensure complete and accurate documentation of grievances and disciplinary actions.
- Demonstrate an understanding of compliance requirements for OSHA, DOT and Safety Requirements, and manage teams to perform in accordance with such all regulatory requirements.
- Ensure damage and loss reports are documented in adherence with company practices.
- Coordinate activities with vendors and facilities.
- Coordinate activities with the house and logistics carriers.
- Manage all operations involving Union personnel within the guidelines and spirit of the current contract.
- Strive to provide superior service and delivery of quality products to our customers.
- Participate in the Performance Management Program. Complete peer reviews, and provide input to the Senior Operations Manager to help complete performance appraisals, objectives and goals.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Operations Manager.
- High School Diploma or Equivelant Required
- College Degree preferred
- Required three (3) to seven (7) years in an operational environment, experience which was inclusive of management/supervisory functions. (hire, fire, discipline, coach, train and develop talent).
- Experience reading floor plans, and construction drawings and use of CAD and Adobe experience preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Prefer LEAN Six Sigma project experience or other form of continuous improvement experience for operational processes.
- Must demonstrate ability to interface with individuals in a supervisory capacity as well as have the ability to comfortably interface with customers and senior level managers.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in basic financial and computer skills.
Critical Management Dimensions:
- Team player
- Adaptability & Composure
- Business & Financial Acumen
- Customer Service Orientated
- Problem Solving & Analysis
- Encourages and Demonstrates Collaboration
- Strategic Planning
- Influences Others without Formal Authority
- Develops Strong Talent
- Must be able to walk show floor in order to supervise crews
- Must be able to work extended hours based on schedule- includes weekends and evenings
- Must exhibit behavior in accordance with our core values. Integrity, teamwork, and customer service are essential to fitting into the organization and succeeding.
Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining GES are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
- Competitive Salaries
- 401K with Company Match
- Healthcare/Vision/Dental Insurance
- Wellness Benefits
- Career Development Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation Time
- Community Involvement Opportunities
- Team Activitie
And much more……