Operations Manager for Tech Center
Our company has been in the asset management, electronics’ recycling, and commodities business for over 20 years, operates 7 major facilities nationwide and employs over 650 people.
We are seeking an individual to manage one of our tech centers where trained technicians repair, refurbish and test consumer electronics and computer equipment.
Do you like to be hands on and have direct involvement with a production driven environment, managing of day to day operations, and continuous problem solving and process improvements? Do you like spending most of their days on the shop floor interacting and directly working with the staff and management on reaching goals and maintaining quality of work? This is the career for you!
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with other facets of the company including accounting, logistics and sales
- Background in management and operations
- Fluent in English (written and oral); Spanish a plus
- Bachelor degree in business, information tech or related required.
- Goal oriented
- Manage a group of 45-70 technicians
- Ability to oversee multiple locations and ability to travel when necessary
- Monitor production and quality of work
- Maintain accurate inventory counts with daily checks and cycle counts
- Maintain operating equipment and facility maintenance
- Oversee security of the employees, facility, and product
- Recruit new hires; includes interviewing and new hire paperwork
- Train new hires on processes and procedures
- Continuously grow labor force and improve lead positions across the operation
- Manage safety-oriented training and continuous improvement programs including third party certifications and standards
- Manage product flow including inbound from different parts of the operation and outbound shipment of materials
- Manage ongoing space requirements for operating and storage of materials
- Control operating costs and increase profitability through cutting costs and process improvements
- High level knowledge of computer and electronics repair includes differentiating between different classes of material and how they function
- Tech experience and background is a plus
- Ability to identify different grades of computers and electronics.
- Experience in MS Office including Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of inventory ERP and systems a plus
- Qualified Health Insurance Plan
- 401k Plan with Company Matching
- Paid Time Off/Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Voluntary Benefits include: Vision, Life Insurance, STD & LTD
This opportunity provides not only an excellent path to build a career, but also join one of the fastest growing companies in our industry!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer