The Andersons Plant Nutrient Group formulates, stores, and distributes nutrient, specialty, and industrial inputs and corncob based products through our strategically located facilities and extensive network. With years of experience offering specialty nutrients and pest control products to the professional turf, agricultural and horticulture industries, The Andersons is recognized worldwide as a leader in advanced technology and nutrient delivery.
The Maumee DG (Dispersing Granule) facility produces a variety of granulated dispersible, spreadable, and blendable products designed to improve soil health. For more information, visit https://andersonsplantnutrient.com/ .
This position is responsible for managing the operations and directing employees at assigned facility, meet productivity schedules and quality goals in the day-to-day operations, as well as prepare and direct the annual budget and establish goals and actions aimed at achieving planned results.
- Responsible for daily management and leadership of a large area or plant
- Responsible for inventory control, storage, and ordering
- Prepare and implement approved capital plans/projects and develop and direct facility maintenance and improvement programs.
- Knowledge and skills for all areas of operations in the facility: employee relations, equipment, maintenance, product and service line, and reports
- Manages all aspects of production and distribution including inventory
- Ensures efficient use of labor, equipment and expense elements
- Identify, promote and execute on the group's overall strategy
- direct the facility employees and work to assess employee needs to provide a culture that encourages and fosters productivity, career development and good morale in the workplace.
- Creates, modifies and adheres to overall financial plan for area or plant
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages professional employees and/or supervisors or supervises large, complex technical or business support or production operations team(s)
- Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own discipline or function
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operations challenges
- Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from senior manager
- Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 5-7 years' relevant experience required
Physical Requirements and Working Environment
- Must be able to stand/sit for an extended period of time
- Ability to work in plant and office environments
- Working conditions could include: dust, fumes, moderate noise and uneven surfaces
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. It does not include all responsibilities and skills required of the job and may be changed at any time. All responsibilities must be completed in compliance with all safety protocols, policies, procedures and consistent with the spirit and philosophy of The Andersons' Statement of Principles.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, but are not to be seen as a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Also, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. The Andersons, Inc. is a Drug-Free Workplace. The Andersons, Inc. is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Note: The Andersons, Inc. conducts drug, alcohol and/or medical testing of applicants and employees based on type of position. A copy of our testing policy is available by contacting the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org .