Bed Bath and Beyond seeks talented leaders to join our new E-Commerce Fulfillment Center and contribute to our culture. The operations managers are responsible for the safe, efficient and timely shipment of product to our customers. The positions require excellent leadership skills, top notch customer focus, and the ability to perform in a fast paced distribution environment.
- Lead, direct, train, and develop associates and managers. Contribute to a customer focused culture through effective communication, fair and consistent treatment, leading by example, establishing clear expectations and providing frequent and constructive feedback.
- Ensure safe and timely completion of the daily workload according to established guidelines.
- Review and analyze workload and other essential data and make appropriate adjustments to accomplish service goals.
- Ensure associate safety through education and training, promoting safety awareness and accountability, and by promptly addressing potential hazards.
- Contribute to and support all company and building programs and initiatives. Work with other department managers to achieve overall shift and building goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
- Proven organization skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, analytical, math and problem solving skills.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to lead by example.
- Demonstrated understanding of WMS. (Manhattan preferred but not required.)
- Knowledgeable of a direct to consumer fulfillment operation.
- Knowledge of PC applications. (MS Office)
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, tight deadline environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Logistics, or related field and /or equivalent work experience preferred but not required.
- 4 to 6 years’ experience in a Manager role.
- Knowledge of process improvement processes such as Six Sigma and or LEAN (5S) preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.