Summary: The primary result expected from the Operations Manager is to ensure Distribution Center inventory, salvage, and ISO record documentation and integrity by maintaining ISO records and certification of ISO 9001, completing audits and participating in ISO recertification processes, and maintaining accurate records regarding inventory discrepancies, salvage transactions, and customer service requests by ensuring proper documentation.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Typical tasks for this position include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Direct product testing activities throughout production cycles.
- Monitor performance of quality control systems to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Oversee workers including supervisors, inspectors, or laboratory workers engaged in testing activities.
- Analyze quality control test results and provide feedback and interpretation to production management or staff.
- Communicate quality control information to all relevant organizational departments, outside vendors, or contractors.
- Confer with marketing and sales departments to define client requirements and expectations.
- Create and implement inspection and testing criteria or procedures.
- Direct the tracking of defects, test results, or other regularly reported quality control data.
- Document testing procedures, methodologies, or criteria.
- Identify critical points in the manufacturing process and specify sampling procedures to be used at these points.
- BS Engineering, industrial technology, or business management.
- 5-10 years of management experience in distribution/chemical processing environment.
- Ability to supervise/manage diverse group of associates.
- Train/coordinate teams to achieve high levels of productivity, quality and safety performance.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Proven abilities to successfully drive continuous improvement, manage multiple priorities and multitask
- Ability to work well with other peer groups
- Knowledge of industrial safety regulations