The director of manufacturing operations position oversees management of all areas of manufacturing to produce products and direct activities so that approved products are manufactured on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists company officers and senior staff members in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- Develops the manufacturing plan and establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Achieves optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan.
- Formulates and recommends manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Directs and monitors department managers to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures. Acts as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
- Hires, trains, develops and evaluates staff. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consults with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data. Directs the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Directs and coordinates various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Initiates and coordinates major projects (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- Performance Management.
- Project Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Business Acumen.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Presentation Skills.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
This position requires up to 25% travel. Some of the travel is international.
Required Education and Experience
[Indicate education based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity. See examples below.]
- BA/BS in industrial, mechanical or business administration, or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing management, preferably in a process-oriented operations and/or related industry. A minimum of 5 years of experience managing a significant segment of a large manufacturer or the entire operation of a smaller manufacturer.
Preferred Education and Experience
[Indicate education based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity. See example below.]
- Experience working with manufacturing-based technology, processes and principles is preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or protected veteran status.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 27 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.