Summary: Responsible for achieving plant production goals, monitoring all plant environmental
Parameters, and ensuring that all Operations personnel are adhering to CEC codes of conduct. Position is scheduled Monday through Friday, but must be flexible with schedule and available for on-call support when needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitors and controls plant operations.
- Scheduling Operations personnel and workload to achieve plant production goals. Review and approve associated time sheets for up to 20 operations personnel
- Constantly reviews the operation of the plant to monitor production and quality, anticipating and solving problems in a timely manner, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Ensures that Operations personnel are adhering to established company policies and procedures, generating and issuing corrective action when applicable.
- Assist in the training, development, and auditing of Team leaders and Process Operators in all plant processes.
- Assist in the development of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Participates in projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Track key performance indicators for production and maintain records of production shortages.
- Participates in Quality Assurance/Quality Control program.
- Communicates directly with QA/QC laboratory to ensure effective participation in the implementation of QA/QC policies and procedures.
- Understands and interprets QA/QC results and takes appropriate action when required.
- Develop protocols, procedure, and data analysis for plant trials of chemical inputs
- Participates in plant maintenance program.
- Evaluates and inspects all maintenance projects to ensure safety.
- Assists with diagnosing and troubleshooting maintenance related issues.
- Work with maintenance department to prioritize work to be completed and scheduling of times work can be performed to accommodate production schedule.
- Participates in safety, health and environmental programs.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and enforcement of safety, health, and environmental programs.
- Ensures that all incident reports are completed and transmitted
Education and Pertinent/Proven Experience. The minimum requirements for education and experience are listed below. Consideration will be given to individuals with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Post-secondary education, engineering degree, and /or a technical trade certificate
- At least 3-5 years of supervisory experience in the operation of a dry-mill ethanol plant, biofuels or process manufacturing facility. Delta T experience a plus.
- Must have the ability to learn and work effectively with the plant’s Distributed Control System (DCS).
- Expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, e.g., word processing, email, and spreadsheets is an asset.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50#.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at elevations 175 feet.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is regularly exposed to dusty conditions.
- The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
- The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather in all conditions.
- The employee will regularly be exposed to chemicals used in the process.