About Mississippi Market:Mississippi Market Co-op provides our Saint Paul and Twin Cities neighbors with high-quality organic, local, and sustainably-raised foods. We have three friendly neighborhood stores in Saint Paul that are owned by over 18,000 of our community members.
Mississippi Market is hiring for an Operations Manager.
Location:622 Selby Avenue,Saint Paul, MN 55104
Schedule:Primarily daytime hours but may include evening, weekend and holiday hours to meet business needs.
- 3+ years as a Store Manager or Business Unit leader with extensive knowledge of store operations.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, developing and implementing systems, procedures and policies
- Demonstrated experience hiring, training, coaching, and developing an engaged team
- Demonstrated ability to interpret financial statements, develop budgets and meet financial goals
- Demonstrated experience delivering results to meet organizational objectives
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning
- Demonstrated capacity for strong decision making, including ability to organize, prioritize, and delegate multiple, at times competing, demands
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with managers, staff, members, and vendors
- Demonstrated history of leading or participating in the creation of inclusive work environments
- Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic math skills
Diverse and multilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Familiarity with natural foods products and industry strongly preferred
The Operations Manager has a critical impact on the success of our co-op. This position will provide oversight of our three locations and Central Kitchen to ensure high standards in customer service, safety, productivity, and performance. In addition, the role will monitor compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. The Operations Manager will frame each decision within the context of meeting business goals and customer needs, being inclusive of diversity, supporting staff engagement, and contributing to an equitable local food economy.
Specific areas of accountability include customer service, strategic leadership and planning, employee management and development, operations, budgeting and planning, resource management and fostering a welcoming and inclusive environment for all.
This role requires strategic thinking, an orientation towards results, strong communication, collaboration, problem solving, intercultural competence, and multi-tasking /prioritization skills as well as customer service, adaptability, initiative, self-awareness, resiliency, judgment, and integrity.
Physical and Working Requirements:
This position requires frequent sitting, standing as well as walking, bending, reaching, stooping, climbing (ladders), lifting of up to 50lbs, fine motor manipulation and the ability to move around our stores, offices, storage rooms, classrooms and kitchen under varying temperatures and working conditions with or without reasonable accommodations.
*Interested candidates: please include cover letter and resume with application.
*Candidate will be required to pass an authorized background check if offered the position.