Operations Manager- Steamboat Resorts by Wyndham Vacation Rentals (The Phoenix) - 1900622
Envision your career with one of the world's largest vacation rental companies, Wyndham Vacation Rentals North America. With over 10,000 rental units and more than 2,500 associates across North America you'll discover the rewards of working in an energetic environment with caring colleagues. Wyndham Vacation Rentals is committed to an aggressive growth plan, and we are always seeking to hire top talent to help us deliver exceptional "Count on Me!" service to our customers.
Wyndham Vacation Rentals' full-time associates enjoy health benefits as well as a generous 401k plan and a paid time-off program.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting the Area General Manager with the daily operations of a specific property to maintain standards for guest satisfaction, associate satisfaction, quality assurance and asset protection while managing costs within budget. Financial management skills are critical to the success of each of our managers in order to meet goals established for operational expenses and labor cost. The Operations Manager is involved in building, training and mentoring a team of associates who strive to be the bright spot in each of our customer’s day. Other key duties include ensure guest rooms are spotlessly clean, ensure the physical condition of the property is well maintained, assist with safety and security training programs and guest complaints.
- Perform regular building and unit inspections to ensure resort standards are met and the resort is safe for guests, owners and staff.
- Ensure the highest level of customer service to current and prospective owners in order to maintain a positive brand image and company reputation.
- Identify areas of process improvement and leverage best practices by working with appropriate corporate resources as necessary.
- Facilitate "Count on Me" service culture commitments.
- Supervise/oversee the rental program and rental management agreements.
- Supervise/oversee and work with department managers to include front desk, housekeeping and maintenance; position requires variable schedule including weekends, depending on the needs of the business.
- Oversee and approve weekly staffing levels, hold managers accountable for accurate time reporting, work-order generation and record keeping.
- Supervise and work closely with managers and regional HR staff in recruiting, approving and retaining employees
- Maintain the highest quality of staff through effective recruiting, hiring, retention, coaching, succession planning and training.
- Thorough working knowledge of the composition of association documents, understanding of governing statutes and board meeting procedures.
- Partner with Human Resources to minimize employee relations issues and exposure to litigation with particular emphasis on sexual harassment, discrimination and properly terminating employees with appropriate documentation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must have experience in a leadership role and managing a team.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Extensive property management software experience required.
- Three to five years of large vacation rental property management experience required.
- Astute understanding of resort and HOA Financials.