We are looking for an Operations Manager Trainee to join our San Leandro, CA office!
ACCO Engineered Systems has been annually recognized by a national industry magazine as one of the top-10 specialty contractors in the United States, and the leader in its mechanical contracting field for the Western United States. We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make ACCO an engaging place to work.
SO WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
Working as an Operations Manager Trainee within ACCO�s Mechanical Services Group you will learn under the direction of the Northern California Operations Manager. You will be given the opportunity to gain as much knowledge as possible about the HVAC Service Business from our San Leandro location and use those skills to ideally take Operations responsibility of an ACCO
remote office. You will learn about the HVAC industry � specifically the Mechanical Service Business. A focus will be placed on the following:
- Customer Service is integral to the success of our business. You will learn how the ACCO dispatch, call center and customer service groups function. You will also gain insight into the importance of our well-developed and wide-ranged customer relationships and the �value added� service that we provide our customers on a daily basis
- Employee Management is also extremely important. You will be mentored to effectively manage employees working in the following various disciplines � customer service, dispatch, billing, credit/collections, purchasing, database management, maintenance contract management and sales support.
- Learning the financial aspects of the Mechanical Service Business at ACCO will be integral to your success in this position. You will learn how the billing and receivables departments work. This includes fixed price maintenance contract billing, Time-and-Material service calls as well as Fixed Price quoted billings. You will also learn how to dissect our financial statements, estimate and defend our burdens, and increase productivity.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BE A PART OF THIS ALL STAR TEAM?
- Bachelor�s Degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Accounting, Finance or similar discipline
- High sense of integrity
- Organized and great at managing time
- Personality and eagerness to be a leader
- Eager to learn and gain experience about the HVAC industry
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Desire to service customers
- Fully versed in Microsoft Office suite product line
3. Effective Communication
4. Customer Service
ACCO has an outstanding benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, flexible spending and dependent care account options, 401K, education, paid vacation and holidays. Ask us about our Employee Stock Ownership Program!
Exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. Physical demands are in excess of those of sedentary work. Light work usually requires walking or standing to a significant degree. This position may also be required to climb stairs and ladders.
Our ideal person will have all these in addition to everything listed above:
- OUTSTANDING COMMUNICATION SKILLS in addition to maintaining an open line of communication with employees throughout the organization, you'll demonstrate excellent communication skills, including good phone and email etiquette.
- APPRECIATION FOR DIVERSITY you already demonstrate respect and you highly value the variety of cultures and talents that make up ACCO.
- INNOVATION although we have a great team and effective processes in place, we feel that there is always room for improvement, and we'll look to you to be creative as you partner with stakeholders to evaluate our operations, solve ongoing issues, and develop even better systems.
- STRONG APTITUDE for learning and developing new systems and programs.
- GOING THE EXTRA MILE ability to work overtime, as needed.
- WORK MANAGEMENT possess the ability to work in a high paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks.
WHAT�S IN IT FOR YOU?
- ESOP � Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from ACCO to you, free of cost.
- Company Culture of Excellence � Here at ACCO, we are flexible and foster creativity
- Competitive Time Off including PTO, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Education Reimbursement Program for career development
- United Way is our philanthropy program. We give back to the community, and we have fun while doing it! ACCO has fundraising events such as raffles and bingo throughout the year.
- Competitive benefits package and 401k
Click the link below and submit your resume. Once you�ve applied, our dedicated Talent Acquisition team will be reviewing your resume. If your experiences START YOUR APPLICATIONDo you have what it takes? Click the matches our needs, you�ll be hearing from us by phone or email.
MORE ABOUT ACCO
Why join ACCO? ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant�ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
ACCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/V/D. We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship.