At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager to join the Finelite Team in Union City, CA.
Finelite has an immediate need for an Operations Manager in our high-volume factory located in Union City. The individual in this role must have excellent time management skills and a proven track record of setting and meeting ambitious manufacturing goals. We are looking for a candidate with prior managerial experience who can recruit new talent, allocate both human and material resources efficiently, partner with Human Resources on key initiatives, and coordinate with other departments on time-sensitive projects.
You will have direct responsibility for the efficient start up of daily production activities, coordination of the daily production schedule for the set-up and sub-assembly teams, administration of safety practices, operator training, team productivity, and managing the staff in the day to day performance of their jobs. You will administer company policies to ensure compliance by all employees in the areas of safety, work habits, attendance, and productivity, in addition to ensuring project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
You will evaluate, recommend, and implement measures which will result in continuous process improvement in production methods and prepare reports and run audits to monitor and improve operational effectiveness. You will also assist management in the administration of performance appraisals, policy application, and disciplinary action as needed after consulting with Director of Manufacturing, appropriate Human Resources personnel, and EVP, Operations & IT. Additional responsibilities include partnering with the Lean and Facilities teams and Environmental Health & Safety Specialist on key Health & Safety initiatives, organize and run Finelite and LNCA/Legrand Group reporting (and ad hoc reports as needed), and other activities as assigned. This position reports to the Director of Manufacturing and has multiple direct reports.
What Will You Do?
- Provides leadership for employee relations and problem resolution through effective communications, coaching, training, and development in order to facilitate faster improvements and improved internal and external working relationships.
- Develops and implements processes and training on Finelite and LNCA/Legrand Group Health & Safety, policy, and other requirements.
- Identifies methods to improve efficiency, cost effectiveness, and customer services both internally and externally.
- Partners with other departments on cross business teams and initiatives in order to implement processes pertaining to operations to maximize internal customer satisfaction and minimize costs.
- Ensures compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, policies, and complete and on-time delivery and on company needs for capital investments and improvement projects.
- Manages compliance with state and federal regulations, including OSHA.
- Requires proficiency in multi-tasking, strong communications skills, solid organizational and follow up skills and the ability work as part of a team to support office and production activities.
- Provides suggestions and solutions by researching new procedures and identifies opportunities to improve efficiency and cost effectiveness within production.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Manages planning and tracking of production and personnel schedules, reviewing and adapting both based on production needs as required.
- Manages staffing requirements and partners with Human Resources to hire new talent as needed to correspond with specific duties and skills sets.
- Participates in safety program, including supporting safety committee meetings and Operations liaison to company Environmental Health & Safety Specialist.
- Associate degree required or a minimum 7 year's n a manufacturing or warehousing environment in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 5 year's experience as an independent contributor in a manufacturing or warehousing environment.
- Minimum 3 year's supervisory experience handling operational tasks in a manufacturing or warehousing environment.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience within hiring, performance management and disciplinary matters.
- Electrical experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Lean process and Six Sigma desired. Lean and/or Six Sigma certification a plus.
- Refined ability to provide leadership and training to key Supervisory personnel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a passion for continuous improvement of both people and processes with a demonstrated history of team commitment and team building skills.
- Possession of key competencies of conflict management, negotiation, organization, and decision-making.
- Possession of good judgement and decision-making skills.
- Working knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations.
- Willingness to learn and go the extra mile a plus.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Refined organizational and time management skills, strong attention to detail, quality delivery, and ability to effectively handle multiple priorities, prioritize, plan and accomplish ambitious production goals.
- Ability to both think ahead and plan over a 3 months' time span, but flexibility to change direction and priorities smoothly.
- Ability to identify and establish targets for company and LNCA/Legrand Group goals and additionally measure performance of those goals and standards in safety, quality, cost, delivery, and employee relations.
- Knowledge of and experience in state and federal regulations, including safety and employment related areas and focus on maintaining a safe working environment.
- Able to frequently use skilled independent judgement to evaluate situations, identify options and implement effective solutions quickly and efficiently.
- Possess excellent project management skills, including demonstrated ability to develop and manage to a project plan, establish priorities, work to deadlines and control a number of projects at various stages of work.
- Possess strong leadership and demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others, but also strong in mediation, conflict resolution, and interpersonal relationship development.
- Highly skilled in verbal and written communication skills, presenting, training, and public speaking.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office suite and MS Office 365.
All essential functions or responsibilities are determined to be essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. Ability to perform the secondary functions or responsibilities is not a requirement of the job, but an incumbent may be required to perform these duties if able. This job description is not to be construed to be an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their supervisor or senior management, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world's best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage. LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women's network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us.
About Legrand's Lighting Sector
Through Pinnacle, Finelite, and OCL, Legrand designs and manufactures high performance, environmentally sustainable lighting solutions and products for commercial, educational and healthcare facilities. We work with leading architects and contractors to supply systems and products. We employ a talented group of lighting engineers and designers who work with the latest technologies, using cutting-edge tools to create fixtures which are unique and built to last. Our products offer the design professional a complete palette of integrated products that breathe life into architectural spaces for design that lasts. Legrand's specification grade products are suited for a broad range of applications, and the integrated product line allows designers to create multi-level lighting scenarios using various luminaires from an extensive offering.
Equal Opportunity Employer