Why join Patterson?
Patterson Companies is an industry-leading specialty distributor serving the dental and veterinary supply markets. Driven to meet the needs of healthcare professionals in these growing markets, Patterson provides a total-package approach to doing business.
Our customers benefit from a diverse platform of products and services, as well as the convenience and peace of mind that come with relying on one trusted partner for everything they need.
Who are we looking for?
Patterson Dental is looking for experienced individuals in the area of business operations management who are customer service focused, excel at managing others, and possess general knowledge of the inventory control and management process.
What can you expect as an Operations Manager?
As an Operations Manager with Patterson Dental, you will partner with the Branch Manager to develop business strategy, implement best practices, and achieve branch objectives. You will direct and supervise all branch operational functions, including but not limited to: Servicing, Equipment, Customer Service, Accounting, and Inventory.
Operations Manager Responsibilities include:
- Managing branch profit and loss performance against goals and partnering with the General Manager to develop budgets and allocate financial resources to achieve business goals
- Partnering with the General Manager to create a customer service culture within the branch.
- Managing merchandise, parts, and equipment inventory processes and inventory turns, including the resolution of inventory variances
- Reviewing and evaluating the work of direct reports to assess job performance as well as coaching and mentoring employees to improve their performance
- Determining personnel needs to ensure branch obligations are met and participating in the talent selection process including hiring and promotion recommendations.
- Creating a culture of teamwork that promotes mutual trust and respect, high levels of commitment, and maintaining morale among all branch personnel.
- Implementing general policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards, identifying process improvements to increase efficiency or reduce costs, and managing processes to audit files and records for compliance.
What background and experience is needed as an Operations Manager?
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Previous experience in operations management, finance, inventory management, accounting, or human resources is highly preferred. Related dental industry knowledge is a plus.
The ability to effectively plan and organize, problem solve, and make decisions in a timely manner is key. Strong Interpersonal and communication skills are also necessary.
- General computer proficiency including knowledge of MS Office is required.
If this sounds like the challenge you are looking for, we invite you to submit your application for the Operations Manager.