Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Our Data Centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates to deliver our innovative services. Facebook is seeking an self-motivated Program Manager Intern to join our Infrastructure Data Center (IDC) Business Operations Program Management team (BOPM).The BOPM team provides program management, information management, business planning and designs, and implements and continuously improves business processes to support all aspects of the IDC organization. Facebook's infrastructure is constantly redefining what is possible, and we need an intern who will help us do the same.A successful Operations Program Manager Intern will be organized and demonstrate excellent communication skills. This person should be a detail-oriented, get-things-done professional who can think strategically, adapt quickly, and rapidly earn credibility and trust within the organization. Building strong relationships with our internal stakeholders spread across time zones will be critical to your success.
1. Effectively plan and execute team-wide projects to improve internal operations through delivering communications, documentation support, and project delivery
2. Deliver presentations and/or communications for stakeholders to articulate ideas and planning clearly, accurately, and effectively with all levels
3. Utilize your project management and communication skills to define and scope requirements, provide timely status to key stakeholders
4. Collaborate with a vendor providing global technical writing and design service team
5. Analyze key metrics to improve our operational workflows
6. Develop relationships with other IDC partners
7. Positively contributes to team morale
8. Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
9. Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Business, Communications, Management, Information Technology or related field
10. Resourceful and action-orientated with experience driving projects to closure and independently overcoming obstacles
11. Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt, learn new skill sets, and be able to create a solid understanding of operational challenges.
12. Effective presentation and interpersonal communication skills
13. Ability to prioritize and has effective organizational skills
14. Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
15. Intent to return to degree-program after the completion of the internship/co-op
16. Experience working cross-functionally with a number of teams
17. Experience developing communications for broad audiences
18. Technical and data skills such as Excel and SQL and/or experience with visualization tools such as Tableau to drive efficient analytics and reporting
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.