KMC Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of and co-located with Elbit Systems of America, is a leading contract designer and manufacturer of medical devices and instrumentation for OEM’s in the areas of diagnostic, therapeutic, and biomedical products. With more than 30 years of experience, KMC is an ISO 13485 certified and FDA registered firm with expertise in all aspects of medical product development, verification, design for and transition to production. Additional capabilities include flexible turnkey manufacturing, depot repair and full compliance with FDA QSR regulations and GMP practices.
- Provide Program Management and leadership over a $60MM program, projected to grow to $120MM over the next couple of years.
- Manage workforce of production supervisors and associates.
- Provide oversight of Supply Chain, Quality and Strategy.
- Technical instrumentations knowledge in Electro-Mechanical, Robotics, Fluidics and Optics.
- Interface with customers at the Executive leadership level.
- Responsible for scheduling, staffing, and application of resources.
- Hold ultimate financial accountability for the program(s)
- Champions Lean and Continuous Improvement culture.
- Promote ESA values and KMC Operation’s Vision through positive communication, employee relations and consistent application of company policies.
- Develop a bench strength and organization structure to run the business unit.
- Financial P&L responsibility for a $60MM program with oversight of labor, scrap, material usage, fixed and variable costs for assigned product(s)/program(s). Assure that product and process quality are compliant to internal, industry and customer quality standards.
- Timely reporting and completion of Core Production Metrics, time studies, Labor Standards, Value Stream Mapping and Continuous Improvement Projects.
- Collaborate with team members to create and execute build plan for instruments, spares and RMA using validated load/capacity analysis.
- Work with Supply Chain team by utilizing ERP reports to meet on-time delivery for instruments and spares on-time delivery.
- Provide leadership and direction to promote Lean Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement culture through training and effectively driving the ‘Yellow Belt’ problem solving tools.
- Coordinate with support teams to ensure timely and effective implementation of NCMR, TD and ECO.
- Responsible for coordinating, preparing and presenting monthly progress.
- Responsible for hiring, training and managing performance of production unit personnel. Regularly provide constructive, verbal and written, performance feedback.
- Effectively communicate with and train direct reports regarding company policies and procedures and insure consistent application and administration.
- Drive cross-functional teams to implement continuous improvement projects in lean manufacturing and appropriate quality standards/certifications.
- Ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory requirements and make certain that production area is always ‘Audit Ready’.
- Ensure adherence to federal and state laws and company policies and procedures including: Human Resources, labor, safety and housekeeping practices, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline
- Industrial engineering degree strongly preferred.
- 7+ years leadership experience within the manufacturing area.
- Lean Manufacturing work experience in a manufacturing company required.
- Must be proficient with Excel and ERP system (Oracle, SAP Infor) required.
- $10 - $30M production P&L responsibility preferred
- Supervisory experience required.
- Demonstrated effective leadership ability and business acumen along with success as a trend setter and strategic thinker, as well as a tactical expert.
- Strong analytical, inter-personal, written and verbal communication, and negotiation skills.