The Operations Project Manager is responsible for managing the execution of projects defined by the COO. The Operations Project Manager will work with cross-functional areas to define objectives, assess project requirements, define timelines, coordinate schedules, communicate project updates, and engage appropriate teams (both internal and external resources) to ensure that goals are accomplished on time, on budget and on strategy. The Operations Project Manager will work with key stakeholders to understand the requirements and scope of projects and is responsible for end-to-end management of project execution, with an expectation of being able to lead multiple projects concurrently.
Come work for an industry leader! Rockler Companies, Inc. is a growing national retail, direct mail and publishing organization with retail stores across the U.S. We are one of the largest online resources for woodworkers, and we work tirelessly to bring the industry's most innovative products, thinking and education to our customers. Learn more about our company at www.rockler.com!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Male/Female/Disabled/Veteran
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Works with project stakeholders to ensure all appropriate information is available for a project's kick-off, revisiting prioritization of concurrently planned projects.
- Works with project stakeholders on approved projects to determine goals/requirements, scope, timeline, budget, procedures and staffing/resource requirements needed to accomplish project.
- Owns and drives the execution of the overall project, from initial kickoff through final implementation.
- Proactively manages the day-to-day details throughout project execution, including schedules, resources, task assignments, budget, issues and risks.
- Understands resource allocation and utilization, coordinating the efforts of team members (and any outside partners) in order to deliver projects according to the work plan.
- Keeps stakeholders informed by effectively communicating relevant project information and updates, through timely status reports and facilitating project status meetings.
- Leads checkpoint meeting cadence, responsible for scheduling all meetings, developing effective agendas, ensuring project team preparedness for presentations, facilitating discussions and communicating post meeting follow-ups.
- Provides on-going communication with all project stakeholders regarding project concerns, especially those that affect scope of work, timing, budget and/or quality. Leads the effort in creative approaches to resolve issues and proactively enable the successful execution of the work.
- Facilitates postmortem discussions with cross-functional teams. Closes project upon completion and archives project elements for future needs or reference.
- Engages in personal development initiatives in order to stay current on project management, process tools/trends, and retail marketing best practices in order to further Rockler's overall business
- Attendance is an essential function of this position and we rely on all our employees to be at work during their scheduled shift.
Requirements for Position:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Operations, Engineering or related field; and five years of related business and/or project management experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience; preferably in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience in formal project delivery methodologies preferred; PMP certification a plus.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and MS Project
- Significant experience with project management systems, software and tools to track and manage tasks, resources and project costs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Conveys information clearly and effectively through both formal and informal documents, presentations and dialogues. Needs to know when to engage senior management to reconcile unexpected project issues. Facilitates the identification and resolution of project risks and issues.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships across functions to achieve objectives and drive process improvement.
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams, facilitating group discussion and managing negotiations, with the ability to influence and drive decisions.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills; ability to operate in a complex, rapidly changing environment while adhering to tight budgets and schedules; balancing multiple, concurrent projects in varying stages of implementation.
- Extremely detail oriented, with excellent ability to prioritize tasks, organize information and manage projects to time and budget goals.
- Self-starter, comfortable working in an autonomous environment.
- High level of business and organizational aptitude, with strong financial and budget management acumen
Please apply directly at:https://rockler.applicantpro.com/jobs/1642721.html