Advanced Management Strategies Group is seeking an Operations Research Systems Analystto support the Recovery Coordinator Program (RCP) with the Defense Health Agency (DHA). AMSG supports a variety of Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Defense Health Agency, Department of the Treasury, and Federal Trade Commission (FTC) program and performance management services. We take pride in our great work environment and highly motivated company. Join our team of top talent in supporting the federal government!
Contract Length: September 2020 to September 2025
Location: Arlington, VA
Education: Master’s Degree in Operations Research and Management Science
Experience: 9 years’ demonstrated experience in utilizing operations research methods to conduct complex analyses of systems and operations, Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in operations research methods with SAS or “R” statistical programming language software, Minimum 5 years of advanced techniques such as: optimization, data mining, statistical analysis and mathematical modeling, to develop solutions that help businesses/organizations operate more efficiently and cost-effectively.
Clearance Requirements: Ability to obtain and maintain a DHA Public Trust
Certification Requirements: National Counselor Examination (NCE) or the National Clinical Mental Health Counseling Examination (NCMHCE) certification required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Introduces quantitative and qualitative analysis to the decision-making processes by developing and applying probability models, statistical inference, simulations, optimizations, and economic models
- Leads a team of analysts in the selection and application of analytical methods from mathematics, science, and engineering disciplines to solve management problems though optimal allocation of capital, materials, equipment, and people resources.
- Guides all aspects of the analysis life cycle, including business process mapping activities, method development and implementation, and quality control of results.
- Authors complex documents and briefs describing and visualizing results for senior leaders.
- Ensures that outcomes metrics, versus process metrics, are measured and reported.
- In collaboration with the Services, supports standardization across locations and Services for best practices and outcomes.