More Information about this Job
American Medical Response (AMR)
New Haven, CT
Operations Services Team (OST) Specialist
Job Title: Operations Services Team (OST) Specialist
Reports To: POD Supervisor
Department: Revenue Cycle Optimization
Location: New Haven, CT
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
The Operations Services Team (OST) Specialist is responsible for reconciliation and review of patient care records. Reconciliation requires comparison to dispatch and billing records, while review requires understanding of documentation requirements. The OST Specialist works closely with Operations to ensure all paperwork is received and completed for billing
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconcile ambulance trips in the billing system, ensuring every billable ambulance request has a complete and thorough PCR.
- Monitor and actively work CheckPoint queues of assigned Operations.
- Manage returns from billing (RFB) and work with Operations to obtain or correct missing or erroneous information.
- Search approved systems for additional patient demographics and insurance information to reinforce crew-captured data.
- Process customer complaints quickly by receiving, investigating, redirecting or, resolving the issue.
- Convey an attitude of intolerance for unprofessional behavior.
- Develop and sustain excellent working relationships with AMR professionals (e.g., Operations, Business Development, IT and Finance), as well as with the Company’s clients, payors, consultants, banks and financial intermediaries and government agencies.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Adhere to and comply with information systems security. Know and follow Information Systems security policies and procedures, attend Information Systems security training, and report information systems security problems if identified.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate a willingness to help others succeed.
- Demonstrate and promote a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
- Convey and inspire a sense of competence and commitment.
- Use initiative to learn new skills, enhance personal knowledge and improve communications.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate and work well with others (e.g., customers, facilities, AMR Operations, and payors).
- Seek opportunities to improve the work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education/Licensing/Certification: High School diploma or GED required; EMT certification/licensure or medical experience preferred.
Experience: Work with computer programs and software preferred; work with general public preferred; experience in medical industry preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- General knowledge of medical and insurance industry terminology preferred.
- Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid guidelines related to ambulance billing preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley and other critical governmental regulations within one (1) month of hire date.
- Maintain working knowledge of various tools including but not limited to basic Microsoft Office software, QWERTY keyboard use, basic computer function required.
- Communicate clearly in English, both verbally and in writing, to convey information distinctly and concisely. Use appropriate grammar and punctuation in written documents.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled