One of the best things about spending time outdoors are the stories waiting to be told. Gander Outdoors, part of the Camping World family, is the leading outdoor retailer that operates in local communities and online to serve all our customers, no matter where they live. We are outdoor enthusiasts who provide regionally, and seasonally relevant products priced competitively to fit your family's outdoor needs.
With local stores across the nation and a website that helps you get the gear you need when you need it, we invite you to go write your story. Who knows? Maybe a new career is the perfect next chapter.
* Exceed expectations, deliver value and develop relationships.
* Arrive at work on time, establish and maintain productive working relationships, consistently set a good example for others and complete work according to store needs and deadlines.
* Educate, inform and share knowledge with customers and other associates.
* Remain up-to-date and demonstrate working knowledge of the job - effectively utilize internal processes, systems and technology, and participate in training relevant to position.
* Maintain confidentially in sensitive matters and information.
* Maintain all paperwork and procedures for hiring, BATFE, cash office and payroll.
* Assist auditing for areas of compliance.
* Demonstrate willingness to perform work outside of assigned area, adopting a whole store attitude, grasp instruction, learn quickly adapting to change and increase efforts when necessary to complete assignments.
Education/Years of Experience:
* High school diploma or GED required; 1 year of work experience required and 2 years of retail experience preferred.
* Must be a minimum of 17 years of age.
* Occasional overnight travel may be required.
* Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to interact positively with associates, vendors, Base Camp and the management team.
* Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
* Possess a positive, can-do attitude.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business. Includes nights, weekends, and holidays.
* Demonstrates ethical and honest behavior in day to day interactions and business decisions.
* Must be flexible and able to react to the needs of the business.
* Computer skills to effectively maneuver in a Windows based environment.
* Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, clearly and concisely
Full-time associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, PTO, 401k and more! Part-time associates are offered access to dental & vision coverage!
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, veteran or uniformed service-member status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled