Operations & Dispatch Summary:
This position involves computerized dispatching of company trucks and tendering of loads to outside trucking companies. Dispatch will process all orders, select vendors/haulers while maintaining all information in the proper system for the billing and payment process. This position will work directly with drivers, maintenance shops, customers and vendors/suppliers to ensure highest levels of satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Handle customer, driver and hauler calls.
- Ship orders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Process orders in the dispatch system.
- Schedule trucks to maximize efficiency and profitability.
- Manage driver relationships, paperwork collection and order processing.
- Work with customers to adjust truck demand to meet proper delivery rate.
- Make call-outs for the next day.
- Make calls for orders as time permits or as availability deems possible.
- Extensive knowledge of the surrounding area.
- Good computer skills and general knowledge of sales and dispatch software.
- Communicate effectively with a wide variety of customers and be an effective problem solver.
- Make good judgment calls when under pressure.
- Read and understand maps.
- Read, write and speak English. Spanish a plus.
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Customer contact may result in stressful situations.
- Extensive text and phone communication.
- Long hours may be required as business deems necessary.
- Possible early morning start times according to the season or weather demands.
This position involves working in an office atmosphere throughout the year