ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists teammates in solving work problems.
2. Works with teammates to review bills of lading of incoming merchandise and customer orders to plan work activities.
3. Works with Warehouse Manager and Lead Driver to prepare truck driver's delivery schedule.
4. Assigns teammates to specific duties, such as verifying amounts of and storing incoming merchandise and/or assembling customer orders for delivery.
5. Establishes work schedules and ensures that the schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
6. Responsible for supervising Leads, warehouse teammates and other supervisors as appropriate to ensure all warehouse functions are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
7. Screens and Hires warehouse teammates; ensures teammates receive the appropriate training for their job function including the efficient and safe operation of all material handling equipment and warehouse machinery.
8. Interprets company policies to teammates and enforces safety regulations; Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
9. Conducts performance reviews and recommends or initiates personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary actions.
10. Recommends measures to improve quality and suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency.
11. Ensures total adherence to all Federal statues regarding warehouse operations including DEA and OSHA regulations.
12. Works with non-warehouse departments such as Account Receivable, Purchasing, Sales, and Customer Service to ensure coordination of warehouse activities.
13. Must possess a the general ability to use Windows based programs and the routine ability to retrieve and utilize available reports related to essential job activities
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs additional duties as directed.