Operations Supervisor 2nd & 3rd shift
The Production Supervisor has the responsibility to direct the activities of the team members, assures production schedule at planned rates, food safety and product quality, Health and Safety or our employees and compliance to our policies and procedures pertaining to Food Safety, Health and Safety and Production efficiencies. This role is a fundamental contributor to the recruiting, selection, onboarding, training and retention of team members in production and other team members in support roles.
- Adaptability and Flexibility
- Customer focus
- Budget and Cost control
- Managing for results
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, but are not limited to:
· Ability to create and maintain a positive work environment by instilling the Bakkavor Values as the basis for our culture within the Operations Team and the rest of the organization.
· Is punctual, on time, and adheres to company attendance policies.
· Performs job function in adherence to safety instructions and rules. Does not perform any job, duty, or function employee has not been trained for.
· Follows job specific instructions and rules.
· Meets and exceeds qualitative and quantitative performance standards as established by management.
· Other reasonably related functions to the position as may be assigned by management.
· Has functional literacy and oral communication skills in English for safety and following job specific instructions.
· Has the ability to function under highly stressful conditions and interact cordially with co-workers to accomplish common tasks.
· The position is responsible for supervision, on an assigned shift and assures the shift is properly staffed (within manning standards), the timing and amount of production is accomplished as scheduled, materials are made available in the production area, and output is appropriate to meet schedule.
· Successful Performance Will Be Characterized By:
o Production complete and on-time
o Daily production reports
o Quality within established company specifications (product appearance, taste, odor, weights, packaging, storage, etc.)
· The Production Supervisor is expected to be the champion for Health and Safety and Food Safety Programs on the production floor.
· Coaches, trains, mentors, develops and fostering the teams.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent of two-years College or technical school; or three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Three plus years or equivalent progressive management development within manufacturing and supply chain functions. Preferred experience with warehouse and distribution and inventory systems. Experience in packaging and batch/cook process also preferred.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Must write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals has the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Bilingual, Spanish/English preferred