Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and aworldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locationsand12,000 direct suppliersglobally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Position Summary: Direct, supervise and coordinate all tasks related to Structure / Mechanical / Electrical rework activities. Mentor and motivate employees within assigned responsibilities. Analyze and assess detailed activities and apply conclusions to plan and organize the daily sequence of events related to the tasks assigned. Manage and monitor the Performance Management System with regards to the PPCB and SQCDP Board. Report to the H/O Surge.
- Provide information on production activities and monitor the progress OSW and rework activities
- Function as a role model and leader in the observance of OSHA rules and regulations. Ensure the importance and company commitment to safety is in the forefront of thought and action on the part of every employee.
- Apply insight, experience and interpersonal skills in order to achieve integration of assigned team between American and European as well as new and experienced team members.
- Identify, eliminate and, when able, anticipate problems, which occur in the manufacturing process, as quickly and as early as possible.
- Proactively identify and resolve problems to prevent disagreements and encourage cooperative work relationships.
- Support local hiring process as well as Training processes (overseas and local). Sufficiently familiar with operational functions to review and engage with revisions and upgrades to schedules, training syllables and training documentation.
- Able to develop collaborative working relationships with support departments
- Plan and control workload of all assigned employees to ensure on time delivery per approved schedule.
- Effectively engage with team members and demonstrate ability to coordinate with and obtain support from the assigned team.
- Monitor and analyze daily activity to control progress and adjust as needed. Analyze activities and rapidly apply conclusions to apply mid-course corrections as needed.
- Conduct training to insure optimum performance in job procedures and methods of lead employees and other assigned technicians. Support and train aircraft technicians with technical knowledge and skills.
- Act, correct and prevent Non-conformity issues in a timely matter. Identify root cause and implement, monitor corrective actions.
- Able to provide efficiency feed-back analyses and trends to Management.
- Able to work with all the layers of the organization and to interface with other departments.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- A Bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering or an equivalent field or and equivalent combination of academic and/or vocational education and direct operational experience.
- Five years of experience in leadership
- Experience with Quality / Logistics rules in aviation manufacturing
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Demonstrably a structured way of working and the ability to deal with a volume of complex information.
- Knowledge of Aircraft Manufacturing processes with strong emphasis on structural and mechanical tasks
- Knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations and obligations
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Ability to communicate verbally and writing
- Proficient in English
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- Manage budget between Suppliers and FAL Surge Team
Nature of Contacts:
Identify the communications in performing the responsibilities of this position: internal, external, cursory, involved, influencing, negotiating, and frequency.
Involved communication on a regular basis with internal and external parties
- Vision: Adequate to enter and read material on computer screens. Able to identify individuals to initiate greetings, the giving of directions and other business interactions
- Hearing: Able to hear sufficiently to engage in conversation in office settings. Able to hear safety alerts and warning signals.
- Speaking: Able to engage in conversations in person and via electronic means and deliver information to groups of varying size with or without amplification.
- Equipment Operation: Able to operate a wide range of personal and office electronic equipment. Working on jigs at fuselage at a height of 15 feet. Able to work on hydraulic lifts sometimes at a height of up to 40 feet.
- Lifting/Carrying: Able to occasionally carry up to 55lbs/25kg which engaging in training, addressing production issues or as part of continuous improvement projects.
- Pushing/Pulling: Able to push/pull items in office areas.
- Sitting: Able to sit for extended periods of time at computer and in meetings.
- Squatting/Kneeling: Able to occasionally squat or kneel to retrieve or replace items shelved on bottom shelves.
- Standing: Able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Travel: Able to travel overseas and domestically sometimes for extended periods of time.
- Walking: Able to walk through office and production areas, around flight line and airstrips and sometimes on uneven indoor and/or outdoor surfaces.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.0